• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transition from FID to LTC

Kar98 Sniper

Banned
I have my FID card and I want to get my LTC. I already have a firearm purchased and registered with my current FID. If I get my LTC, does my FID card become void? Will the state be able to pull up my firearm purchased with my FID under a new LTC number?

Answered in Sticky in Gun Laws. Do some reading there and you will learn a lot.

- FID and LTC are independent products. You are entitled to possess both at the same time. Some PDs say otherwise, but they are only showing their arrogance and ignorance. The law is clear.

- Even if you took a LTC-qualified course to get your FID, be prepared that many chiefs will DEMAND that you take another course. It's just one of those grenades that some CLEOs like to throw in your path to try to discourage you from proceeding.

- I wouldn't take bets that the state database is that sophisticated! The entire database does not benefit you or I, so I wouldn't worry about what they can find or not.

Back
Top Bottom