• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transferring Glock and XDM from CA to MA question

My cousin lives in Cali and he's moving to Boston in a year or two. He was wondering if he would run into any issues transferring his Glock from CA to MA. I understand we have a ban for Glocks on newer models he has a Gen3. But does this only apply to MA residents who wish to purchase a Glock from a dealer? Thanks for any help!

No restrictions on what you can own as a resident on handguns related to model/brand. It restricts only dealers. If he moves in and follows the laws pertaining to coming to MA with firearms, he is good. Make sure he brings them when he moves and not wait until after he moves. No post ban high caps no matter what here.

^ Sweet. Thanks dude. Would he be able to sell me a Glock if he purchased one in CA? I know it's difficult for MA residents to obtain one. Couldn't someone just buy it from another state and then bring it back into MA? Thanks again.

You can't buy a hand gun out of state . Well you can but that FFl has to ship it to a FFl in your home state . But finding a FFl that will take a off list gun is hard .

But you can bring any gun from out of state when you move here and then sell it to another mass resident .

So he could buy a crap load of glocks then when he moves here sell them for 2x what he paid at the mass retard glock price .

You are using the wrong term. And its confusing people. He is transporting not transferring. A transfer is when ownership of the firearm changes. This is a very simple thing. He need to transport the firearms in compliance with the safe passage portion of FOPA. And that's it. As long as none of his firearms are considered to be assault weapons, that's the end of the process.

Done.

He does not need to register the firearms once he gets to Massachusetts. He does need to immediately begin the process of getting a LTC.

No more complicated than that.

As amazing as it seems.

Sent from Samsung Note 2

As Don noted, above, he has to start the LTC process immediately, if not sooner.

He'll need the Mass LTC course - easy.....but some towns have loooooong lead times for application submission - Worcester told a student in my Club's February Class that he could put his application in, around the second week of August! Then will begin the dog-knows-how-long wait for the actual LTC.

Hahaha. Thanks for all the replies. You guys are hilarious and very helpful!

I will make a list of guns for him to buy for me lol

Back
Top Bottom