Transferring a pre-89 import ban AK into MA...

It's a Kassnar (all Kassnar Imports marked SA-85M rifles are pre-89) SA-85M. Having a hard time finding an FFL that knows the laws. Have contacted 3, none of which want to touch it.

Yeah. Location would be helpful. But I know I was trying to get an Uzi in a month or so ago. No dice at a dealership or two. Strange since the importing of them, like your AK, ended WELL before the ban.

I’ve run in to the same issue. Some FFLs won’t tranfer a pre ban item unless there is documentation that it was in state prior to the ban
The unsigned, undated ugly memo that erroneously stated that everything pre-ban had to be possessed IN MASS on 9/13/1994 rears its ugly head still. Proves that many FFLs flunked basic reading skills . . . those in EOPS that stated that "in Massachusetts" were actual words in MGL were lying to everyone but it sticks.

Yeah. Location would be helpful. But I know I was trying to get an Uzi in a month or so ago. No dice at a dealership or two. Strange since the importing of them, like your AK, ended WELL before the ban.

Overall length of an Uzi with folding stock causes some FFL to refuse transfer

It being a Long Gun, Legal to own in MA, if the Rifle is within driving distance, couldn't one purchase it at the sellers FFL out of state and then EFA-10 when he brings it into MA?

Overall length of an Uzi with folding stock causes some FFL to refuse transfer

I'll have to measure it. On the flip side, I'm still considering Form 1'ing it and getting the 8" bbl. I did get the fake suppressor. That's a good look AND it gives a different/better place to put my off-hand. I was surprised at the lack of comfort shooting from the shoulder. Worse than an under folder AK.

It being a Long Gun, Legal to own in MA, if the Rifle is within driving distance, couldn't one purchase it at the sellers FFL out of state and then EFA-10 when he brings it into MA?

Actually... I think you're right. eFA-10 within 7(?) days of bringing it into the state and move on with life.

My guess is he bought it off armslist or something and it's not practical to drive out to get it.

Yes but some out of state FFL's may not sell it once they see you're from MA....

Transferring a pre-89 import ban AK into MA...

iu

Back
Top Bottom