• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transferring a pistol frame in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguy68

NES Member
Donning my flame suit and Batman underoos!
Is it the same as transferring say an AR-15 receiver with a receipt only?
As long as we both have a MA LTC.

Yeah, use the search function..
What fun is that?

I need a good beating anyhows.
At least I will get a good laugh at the comments!

i would love to hear from anybody who knows as well.
i guess it depends upon if you had a complete gun with that serial registered at your name or not. as the serial on a complete frame is the serial of the gun - legally, it _is_ the gun, in MA.
as i went over getting glocks gen5 from gunparlor - it is the same process, EXCEPT - the complete frame they sell is new, so it was never in the MA database.
when you connect frame with the slide - you skip the seller part (keep it blank) and register the new gun with the frame serial as your firearm.

now, if somebody will get your complete frame and will register it skipping the seller info - and that serial was also already registered before at different credentials - i would expect an exception raised in that tracking system.

unless the whole topic here was about selling a 3d printed frame with no serial. :)

Was it previously assembled and FA-10'd? or has it always just been a frame?

MA does not require and LTC of FID for a stripped frame as it is not a firearm, rifle or shotgun under state law. That being said, I've never met a deal or private seller who does impose this requirement of their own volition.

Donning my flame suit and Batman underoos!
Is it the same as transferring say an AR-15 receiver with a receipt only?

Yeah, use the search function..
What fun is that?

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom