transferable m11 and MG question

When I graduate next year, i want to buy myself a present in the form of an entry level mg. I am looking at a mac 10 9mm or m11 .380. I see many on subguns and alot say new in box. Can a civilian still buy these new in box rigs or can I only get one pre 1986? And will i still be able to buy any MGs under the Obama administration? I dont remember or know the MG situation under the Clintons. thanks

Many people bought Mac's prior to 1986 and kept them "new in box" to sell at a later date.
Being a civilian and 21 yrs. old or older, you can only purchase pre 1986 firearms also known as "transferable" as long as you have a license to "posses a machine gun" as a "collector / investor". (again it depends on the state you live in and what license they require)
Once you pick out your firearm it must be transfered through a NFA dealer on a form 4 (with usually a $100.00 - $150.00 transfer fee) with an additional $200.00 fee for a "tax stamp" which registers the gun to you with the NFA.
This will usually take 3 -4 months before you can get your gun.
Who knows what Obama is going to do, I hear many different things and do not believe any of them.
Best to find an NFA dealer in your area and contact them.
Good luck
Bill

When I graduate next year, i want to buy myself a present in the form of an entry level mg. I am looking at a mac 10 9mm or m11 .380. I see many on subguns and alot say new in box. Can a civilian still buy these new in box rigs or can I only get one pre 1986? And will i still be able to buy any MGs under the Obama administration? I dont remember or know the MG situation under the Clintons. thanks

+1 on what Bill said.

It looks like you're in CT. Just so you know, part of CT's assault weapon ban is a ban on select-fire MGs. So your gonna have to stick to something full-auto only, or have any MG you buy modified to be full-auto only.

--EasyD

hey thanks. I know i got to pick up a safe/auto config and found serveral m11s that support that. Another question, Aks, FALS, Augs, and almost every other assualt rilfe are on ct ban list. Does this ban apply to semi autos only, and i can get an AK47 full auto, or are all these guns banned? thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom