Transfer station find- ZF4 scope for G43

Went to the dump and was checking out the "swap shop" where folks can leave useful items for anyone to take.
Found a scope sticking out of a box.
It is a DDx manf (Voightlander und Sohn, Braunschweig ) Optic are clear and It has some light rust on the body no mount. No other items there.

I wish I knew who left it in case they have the G43.... LOL But I will take it.

They are going for 400-450 on E bay. It was a good day.

nf024

Last edited:
Thats like finding a roll of money.[grin]

Its amazing the stuff that people throw out because they have no idea about its actual value or where to get rid of it. There are plenty of old timers that turn in their bringbacks or once they pass away, their widows just give the stuff away.

I guess I need to be visiting my swap shop in our transfer station more often. That is a good find!

I only wish. We don't have a swap section in my town. We have six compactors and a recycle section. Occaisionally people put stuff on top of the compressors; yesterday there were two car seats.

MS

We have the same thing here but it is called the "take it or leave it".
Ive gotten all sorts of good stuff out of there.
There are a couple women who oversee the "TIOLI" and although ammo and such is prohibited, people still throw it in there. I just tell the women to put it aside for me and make it worth their while when they find something good.
Ive also scored non-gun related items in there. I found an unreleased proof copy of a Stephen King pop-up book on the shelf and sold it for 290 dollars on ebay.
A first edition copy of Thoreau's On Walden Pond sold for $150.00
Also found a early bronze Tiffany lamp base that looked like a tree trunk and sold that to a local antique dealer for 400 bucks.

Lately though, going there is like stepping over the border into Tijuana. I feel like a foreigner in there .

We have what they call the "Still good shed".There was an uproar about 5 or so years ago because every Saturday afternoon a guy would pull up to the Shed and clean the whole thing out that has been put in there during the week and sell it at the flea market.

It turned into chaos because a bunch of other people started to use that same idea.You would pull up and see 2 or 3 pick-up sitting there with people literally grabbing stuff out of your hands before it even made it to the shed..then they would starting offering you money(couple of bucks)..I'm actually glad the dump nazis finally stepped in and banned the shed squaters.

Back
Top Bottom