• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transfer Question

Simple question , do you need you pin number when doing a transfer at a MA dealer.? I have not done a transfer before only bought new from a dealer.

If I understand your question correctly:You are transferring a firearm that you own to a dealer, correct?

If so, I don't believe an FA10 is required for this type of transfer. If the PIN is only used for FA10 purposes, it becomes a moot point.

By transfer "at a MA dealer", I assume you are using the dealer's services.

When you do this, the gun is transferred to the dealer's inventory. In order for the recipient to receive the gun, the 4472 and eFA10 must be completed.

PIN needed if receiving firearm from a dealer OR if selling in a face-to-face transaction.

makes no sense but it is what it is.

Take white medical tape put a small piece of tape on the back of your LTC, and write your pin number on the tape.Also write your pin number on a small paper,and put in your wallet.Now anytime you need your pin you have it.

Take white medical tape put a small piece of tape on the back of your LTC, and write your pin number on the tape.Also write your pin number on a small paper,and put in your wallet.Now anytime you need your pin you have it.

I keep it as a contact in my phone.

I keep it as a contact in my phone.
A lot of people do, but the only things you absolutely need to purchase a firearm in Mass is
Money (either cash or card)
Your ltc
Your ltc pin

People forget their phones all the time

Back
Top Bottom