Training course

Do you intend to train toward self defense or some sort of gun game competition? Training to fight and training to "Game" are very different things.

Of all the pistol, rifle, shotgun, defensive or competition training I've done, ECQC is the best.
I like the multi disciplined approach (a little bit of; verbal judo, stand up/clinch, ground fighting, knife, and pistol 0-5 feet).
It's not just a shooting class, but a self defense fighting class instead.
The instructor is a first class educator and teacher.
I've only taken a second class from the same instructor a few times (Clint Smith, Pat Rogers, Tom Givens and Bill Jeans being the exceptions), but I've been to ECQC (or its derivatives; VCAST, EWO, and AMIS) about ten times.
I'm going back again in May.
The way that the curriculum evolves and is formated, there is always something new to learn.

Last edited:
Hey, going to jump in here save posting new thread, I'm looking for self-defense / carry training. Wish my range would let me shoot from holster to train but not happening. What do you all suggest for courses. Little background I've been shooting for over 10yrs on and off so typical range shooting accuracy pretty good but want to dial in my defense skills. (Draw, presentation etc.) Appreciate help

Hey, going to jump in here save posting new thread, I'm looking for self-defense / carry training. Wish my range would let me shoot from holster to train but not happening. What do you all suggest for courses. Little background I've been shooting for over 10yrs on and off so typical range shooting accuracy pretty good but want to dial in my defense skills. (Draw, presentation etc.) Appreciate help

Back
Top Bottom