• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail cams?

Just a heads up for those in NH who might be considering purchasing a trailcam that sends pics to your phone, it appears that the F&G may looking to ban them within the coming year.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Newsroom/2015/Q1/drone_rules_010815.html

"CONCORD, N.H. – The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department will hold a public hearing at noon on Thursday, January 29, 2015, regarding proposed rules that would regulate the method and manner of take of wildlife through the use of emerging technologies such as drones, smart rifles, and live-action game cameras.

Specifically, the new rule would: [among others...]

- Ban the use of live-action game cameras to locate wildlife for the purpose of taking said wildlife. These cameras transmit real-time images to a cell phone or computer."

I had 4 Bushnell Trophy Cam units in a row go bad.

All of them would start eating batteries after 3-4 months.

I went with the Covert MP8 through Amazon and have had it out in the back yard a couple nights. This is with the no flash infared. In the pic with the 3 looking at the cam, you really can see that she's carrying a fawn or 2.
026.jpg 036.jpg 045.jpg

Greg

I got the moultrie panoramic 150 for Christmas and love it. If you want a good camera for cheap I would recommend the moultrie a5 there only 60 dollars on Amazon and they work great

Bought my first cam - Browning Dark Ops (2014) and put it out today. Found a real sweet clearing on my property with a few well traveled trails leading in and out. Looking forward to some pics!

Someone grabbed one of my Wildgame Innovation game cams from our house in Maine. I went to check the battery level in it yesterday and it was gone. It bothers me that anyone was out behind our house in the first place. Next weekend I hope to put another one up just in case.

I have the master cable lock that goes through the case. Lost the key to the first one and had to cut it off: surprisingly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom