Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Looks like a gloved hand to me. I have a feeling my trail camera was just stolen on Christmas Eve. Hope he had cable cutters.
Humbug!

Attachments

• 62721BCC-84B2-4E17-AD4D-E09599D1834B.jpeg
    62721BCC-84B2-4E17-AD4D-E09599D1834B.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 37
Some flavor of weasel I would say. Not sure which one. I have Fishers all over the place here by Squam, but haven't seen anything in the cameras further north.

SW Coös county

image638075486659050740.png

I haven't seen Mom with her two fawns in over a month. I assume that she ran off to find a boyfriend and was weaning them off her "care". Here she is in a reunion of sorts

Doe playing with her two fawns

Most don’t think about deer playing but they do, and more than we would think. There have been a few times over the years that they have left me LMAO. Nothing funnier than when they get the zoomies.

Bob

Last edited:
They're back again this year!
I got some new pics confirming both the Piebald buck and doe are still in the same area again this year. The buck has grown from a small fork to a 7 point (I think) this year. One more year and he would make a great shooter buck. Great unique coat on each of them. I'd love to get a shot at either of them this season, but some are superstitious and say taking a piebald brings BAD Luck. Don't need that in 2020, but then again, I'm not superstitious !

View attachment 393904View attachment 393905View attachment 393906View attachment 393907View attachment 393908View attachment 393909View attachment 393913View attachment 393914View attachment 393916

She’s back. It’s been two seasons since I last saw her, but I pulled the cameras and just got photos of the Piebald Doe that I first saw in 2018. Hope her brother is still around. I’m sure he’d be a nice buck by now.97DC1B12-647C-4CDD-910D-E9FBB13C5BC6.jpegE504AFDF-721F-4346-B4EA-A84C4EDB2806.jpeg
FF91995C-1768-4D90-A014-BB84C8328AA4.jpeg

Most don’t think about deer playing but they do, and more than we would think. There have been a few times over the years that they have left me LMAO. Nothing funnier than when they get the zoomies.

Bob
Ive seen a lot of this hunting in CT. When they get the zoomies its crazy........

When they come into the food, its not to hard to see who the alpha doe is either, out of the 6 or so deer that walk in, when one smacks the shit out of the others and goes to eat first. LOL!

Ive seen a lot of this hunting in CT. When they get the zoomies its crazy........

When they come into the food, its not to hard to see who the alpha doe is either, out of the 6 or so deer that walk in, when one smacks the shit out of the others and goes to eat first. LOL!

Everyone loves a cat fight.😆😆

Where is this? Are you sure it's not a juvenile Bald Eagle?

North central MA. It is definitely a golden eagle, it's been around for a couple years. I've taken some pictures of it with my phone when it was flying over or in a tree (couldn't get too close) but they have not come out. It's a bit larger than the bald eagle that I see regularly as well.

North central MA. It is definitely a golden eagle, it's been around for a couple years. I've taken some pictures of it with my phone when it was flying over or in a tree (couldn't get too close) but they have not come out. It's a bit larger than the bald eagle that I see regularly as well.
Are those crows or ravens (not clear enough to see a "Roman nose") next to it on the pics? It's a pretty small Golden either way.

Are those crows or ravens (not clear enough to see a "Roman nose") next to it on the pics? It's a pretty small Golden either way.

There were both ravens and crows around, not sure what those exact ones are, pictures, even originals, are not clear enough. Even if they are crows, full-grown crows are 16-20 inches long so that puts the eagle into perspective size wise. I pulled in while the golden was still there, it took off in front of me. I would say it is about 30 inches head to tail. I have held/help band juvenile bald eagles with MA F&G, the last three that I assisted with weighed 11, 12, and 13 pounds (all three in one nest), this golden is definitely larger than those.

20180529_101026.jpg
20180529_100826.jpg

Last edited:
There were both ravens and crows around, not sure what those exact ones are, pictures, even originals, are not clear enough. Even if they are crows, full-grown crows are 16-20 inches long so that puts the eagle into perspective size wise. I pulled in while the golden was still there, it took off in front of me. I would say it is about 30 inches head to tail. I have held/help band juvenile bald eagles with MA F&G, the last three that I assisted with weighed 11, 12, and 13 pounds (all three in one nest), this golden is definitely larger than those.

View attachment 710319
View attachment 710320
Pretty cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom