• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Didn't get shit on my trail cam today- first missed day since I put it up.

Heard mixed reviews about high winds and deer movement, but so far evidence seems to indicate the deer don't move on the wind.

Didn't get shit on my trail cam today- first missed day since I put it up.

Heard mixed reviews about high winds and deer movement, but so far evidence seems to indicate the deer don't move on the wind.
I always thought that, but watching my food plot from my kitchen window, I've seen an 8 pt buck feeding in a storm that had 25 mph gusts and heavy rain.

Had to call a cease fire on the 600 yard range once. 5 guys rapid firing and a herd of deer WALKED across the 300 yard line.

On the skeet field, called a cease fire as a mature doe walked up to station 7 and did not notice the 5 guys with guns standing there till she was about 15 feet away.

Bit OT but does anyone use a spypoint micro?

Having a problem with mine, it keeps transmitting images, I set it up yesterday and its sent 400 images of nothing.

Facetiously speaking... Is the lens cap on?

There is no lens cap, but the sticker is off the sensor.

I day "nothing" but its not nothing, I'm seeing the cameras view appropriately, thetr is just no movement. I made a video from the time lapse the other day and there was nothing significantly moving that should set the camera off.

Bit OT but does anyone use a spypoint micro?

Having a problem with mine, it keeps transmitting images, I set it up yesterday and its sent 400 images of nothing.

No firsthand experience but I've read many mixed reviews of that camera, and that was a common theme.

Anything that can "trip" the PIR in the frame? Moving water, spots of sunlight moving as the wind blows? You could cover the sensor to eliminate that as a possibility.

ETA, I have had very small critters (voles/moles) trigger a camera. Couldn't spot them in the pics though.

No firsthand experience but I've read many mixed reviews of that camera, and that was a common theme.

Anything that can "trip" the PIR in the frame? Moving water, spots of sunlight moving as the wind blows? You could cover the sensor to eliminate that as a possibility.

ETA, I have had very small critters (voles/moles) trigger a camera. Couldn't spot them in the pics though.

So I'm running 2 spypoints, a evo and the micro. Basing experience off the evo there's nothing that should be triggering the micro, with that said however, there is some sun pockets and a decent sized tree limb in the top corner of the frame that could set it off. To counteract, I have changed the settings to the lowest sensitivity, I'm still expecting issues, but it's still transmitting hundreds of images a day as if the settings dont even matter.

We allow the Carroll Police Chief to hunt on our land,
he sends me Trail Cam pics almost every week.
I've posted a few pic's before, I'll try not to dupe.
No particular order mostly 2019, a few from 2018;

upload_2019-10-16_22-8-17.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-8-34.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-9-5.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-10-54.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-11-21.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-14-46.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-13-45.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-13-25.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-10-24.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-10-0.jpeg

upload_2019-10-16_22-9-23.jpeg