• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

That was a.m. , and he was by swung by there about 830 a.m. ish. He was right behind them.
This was from a few days ago, just kinda chuckle when I see it.

Attachments

• IMG950721.jpg
    IMG950721.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 109
Does anyone use these for security on their land? A good friend just bought a house with 30 acres of woods and wants to put a couple up.
Game cameras are not particularly useful for security on large plots of land, just look at all the stories about cameras being stolen or vandalized. IMHO, a Game/Trail camera is just one more thing to check and replace batteries in on a regular basis, and unless you spend a lot of money on a radio-enabled system (and if cellular, even more on monthly fees!), you won't know what they've caught until you retrieve and view the SD card.
Which ones are good? Night vision ? Video or just image feed? Thanks for the help.
For any application, I think night capture is critical, look for a model with no visible light from the IR flash (aka "Blackout Flash"). For storage capacity and to get good night images you want to take a series of stills rather than record video.

Last edited:
Fox:

7bc9ad06cf56bd6790c79cadc4b3f99a.jpg

I think this is a poorly illiuminated deer on the left, same spot deer often come up via to eat my hostas.
2iae4qp.jpg

The "stripes" are what throw me.
2d2axxi.jpg

For comparison, here's a family of deer, with the one on the far left standing in about the same location as Mr. Unknown:
2wnxrvl.jpg

The slope drops off directly behind that tree he is standing in front of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom