Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

I think this is a bobcat, 1) I have personally seen it 1 month ago, along the stone wall. Either a female or a small male. 2) Not a fox, no pointy nose, also no long fur like a fox. Question on the thin legs and dark interior fur, possibly some ones pet cat...??

Attachments

• PICT0211_202101250223nXtui.jpg
    PICT0211_202101250223nXtui.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I think this is a bobcat, 1) I have personally seen it 1 month ago, along the stone wall. Either a female or a small male. 2) Not a fox, no pointy nose, also no long fur like a fox. Question on the thin legs and dark interior fur, possibly some ones pet cat...??
Looks like a fox to me as it has dark legs and a tail.

100% a fox

Wish I can find those Sheds.
I’m really feening for sheds this year. I’m trying to spend sometime to track those bucks on my land and the dcr land next door but man do they travel far each day. Other than tracking em down you guys have any tips? I’ve only found a juvi skull that was rather old so far.

Been seeing 2 or 3 does together every day for a month then nothing for a week ... until yesterday. The camera didn’t pick up the first one

Unfortunately the snow is so deep on my land that finding some sheds will have to wait until spring but funny thing is the deer and bob tracks trying to make highways in the snow. There’s a ridiculous amount of homespun game trails and the bobs seem to leap from snowdrift to snow drift. I didn’t pull any cards today since I didn’t have my replacements on me but I may give it another week or two to cull some good footage. @pupchow Can you recommend a good camera like what you use for video and sound?

Can you recommend a good camera like what you use for video and sound?
@djbradles The camera I'm using for video is an oldass Bushnell Trophy 8MP with "dark" LEDs. Not the greatest video quality (night shots are weak) but the trigger speed and detection is decent, and lithium batteries last forever in it. I should probably look at bumping the settings for better night capture quality, and trim some brush away in the foreground to reduce IR splashback. I still use the camera because of the insane battery life, and I've got a security box for it.

I wouldn't know where to start if grabbing a new camera off the shelf right now. A coworker has got one of the latest Browning cameras, and the image quality is outstanding compared to what I've got. These guys seem to do some legit reviews: Game & Trail Camera Reviews - Trail Cam Buying Guides

Back
Top Bottom