• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

If your town allows discharge of firearms I would give him one big blast with muzzleloader/shotgun whatever you use and hope he drops right there.

Unfortunately, my neighbors are too close for that. The neighbors that I know wouldn't care in the least if I got him with my bow. But I do have a lot of neighbors that I don't know enough as well.
I do think that my grim reaper 3 blades would drop him on the spot with a well placed shot. And that shouldn't be too hard considering it would be a ground shot from about 15 yards. But I am too chicken, and I fear getting caught.

After weeks of no pics, I've got signs of life again. This camera set up near some holly trees. Not sure if they eat the leaves or berries, or if they bed under because those trees never loose their leaves.

7c51b304.jpg

d36ae998.jpg

So I picked up a camera maybe about a month ago, and I've been changing the location every couple to few days. So far I've only been getting pics of myself, but this last spot I left it for about a week and I got something.

PRMS0003.jpg

Do you guys have any tips on where to set up cameras, and how long to leave them for?

I go out every Sunday morning to check them, and look for new sign.
They seem to keep changing locations on me, but this time I think I'm one step ahead of them.
We'll see Sunday anyways...

Got to about 30 yards from the ol 10 pointer tonight, again. Dropped both his antlers and I think is getting used to me being around. He was just laying down out back and watched me walk out of the house and slowly toward him. He then got up and walked away slowly only stopping once to turn around and see if I was still there, then turned back around and walked down the hill and out of site. This is nuts! I think he likes it here, 2nd time this week I have found him resting out back. Not sure if this is due to the over population of deer in the area, or coyotes, maybe both.

Anyone still got trail cameras out?

My cameras are still out and have been all year. Looking forward to watching some antler growth. Maybe it's me, but I love the look of velvet.

d2a465e2.jpg

a9c18d2e.jpg

299aba77.jpg

eef38243.jpg

Last edited:
Had some time today to check a different camera location. Had some nocturnal Does and this potentially big buck. He'll be fun to watch grow, if he sticks around. Haven't seen him before.

43204153.jpg

Do you have a flash on or are they hearing the click of the picture being taken? It kinda looks like they are staring right at you!!!!

Charles.

this little fella has been spotted a few times as a mountain lion..[smile

Bobcat1.JPG

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 236
What camera do you use? I need to pick up a couple and your shots look fabulous.

I have a few Wildgame Innovation IR 8mp cameras, there not the best but do a decent job. You have to watch the sun or you'll get whiteout pics, The trigger speed isn't the best, I get some shots of just the backside, so knowing where they come and go is key.

Also dusk and dawn pics will flash the IR and will get a black and white pic.

Here's a dawn pic that should be in color...
892f4afc.jpg

This is the middle of the night...
ecbf5e50.jpg

With game cameras, you DO get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom