• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Are you talking about the base of the tree? Nope. Snow and a mineral block. Cam is a several hundred yards from the edge of this property.

Red circle. Looks like the remains of a wooden, posted sign, frame? Or it could just be some branches. If it was a posted sign. I thought it was humorous. As most of my hunting buddy's believe it is of the highest art form. To be able to sneak in and out of posted land.

30cuccl.jpg

Last edited:
Red circle. Looks like the remains of a wooden, posted sign, frame? Or it could just be some branches. If it was a posted sign. I thought it was humorous. As most of my hunting buddy's believe it is an art form. To be able tp sneak in and out of posted land.

30cuccl.jpg

Ah. Nope. Branches or an old archery target. The place IS posted, but I have permission. The only sneaking I do is in and out to get at the deer and thunder chickens.

Not a trail cam, but thought it was interesting. I have a bird house on my front porch and the birds created a double decker. Robins on the top, sparrows on the bottom. They are actually using them actively.
37aefd7a58c1fca65b2434d5b8148a19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Not a trail cam, but thought it was interesting. I have a bird house on my front porch and the birds created a double decker. Robins on the top, sparrows on the bottom. They are actually using them actively.

That's a great idea for a bird house. Did you think it up all yourself or did you get the plans elsewhere ?

That's a great idea for a bird house. Did you think it up all yourself or did you get the plans elsewhere ?

Bought it at Wildbirds Unlimited about 6 years ago. I don't see it on their website anymore. It's been on my front porch the whole time. I've had birds in it every year since. Robins the first year, and they built on top too, Sparrows the other years. My front door is about 4 feet to the right of this too. I stuck a trail cam up across from it, hopefully will get some pictures of them interacting in some way. Should be interesting when eggs hatch. The houses I have in the back woods already have hatched broods.

Cool to have the double, but you may want to get rid of the sparrows (assuming house / European sparrows, not natural ones) . Unless of course the robins are pooping up your truck, LOL. The sparrows will break the robin eggs and toss them out of the nest. Either that or they'll kill the hatchlings. In TN, I had some sparrows wreaking havoc on bluebird nest boxes until I got the male sparrow.

Cool to have the double, but you may want to get rid of the sparrows (assuming house / European sparrows, not natural ones) . Unless of course the robins are pooping up your truck, LOL. The sparrows will break the robin eggs and toss them out of the nest. Either that or they'll kill the hatchlings. In TN, I had some sparrows wreaking havoc on bluebird nest boxes until I got the male sparrow.
You caught the male ? Or you dispatched it ?[rofl]

You caught the male ? Or you dispatched it ?[rofl]

Ok,lol. You have to kill the male Eurasian house finch (sparrow) to eradicate the problem. If you kill a female, the male will just recruit more females. Just like ISIS- killing others' babies and recruiting disposable females.

So some of the property near mine has a couple homes going up and my camera has been quiet. Time to move, but guess what? Despite putting the cable lock keys in the usual basket on a BIG red lanyard- gone. Naturally, nobody knows what happened to them. Keys and tools are the two things that I always keep organized... All cuz some jerk stole my first cam.

OK, not exactly a game cam, but...

Tommy (the Turkey). Totally absorbed by his own reflection in the chrome bumper of my old man's truck. At it for AN HOUR. Future in pinball??

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY starting to have some decent bucks/potentially on the property I've been hunting. Looks like the age structure on the property is more 2.5's then 3.5+, but they're putting on some decent bone.

Also on here is a deer I'm calling Stumpy because his left antler is, well, a stump.

STC_0807.jpg
STC_0300.jpg
STC_0254.jpg
STC_0481.jpg
STC_0430.jpg

Attachments

• STC_0429.jpg
    STC_0429.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Wife gave me a trail cam for my birthday back a while back and it's been nice to finally get a look at what's out there. The 2nd one is the biggest guy that comes around, 8 pts and estimating 2.5 yo. First is a little smaller, 7 points tines not quite as long, either a little younger or just not as big genetically but still a older and bigger than most of the others, but there are a bunch of 1.5yo 2-5pt bucks and a handful of does showing up too. Hoping for a good year.

Jwu30yo.jpg

sK0Y8Iy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom