Trail Camera Recommendation?

Can I get a recommendation for a trail cam or 2? I have been looking at the Moultrie M100 but there are so many mixed reviews on every camera except the Reconyx ones that it would be nice to get an opinion from someone on here... Thanks!

A friend and I have 4 wild game IR 8's, this going on their fourth year being out 24/7/365 and we had our first one crap out, it won't turn on... Pictures are good, but watch the direction of sun up and sun set, we get washed out negative looking pics from the IR flash. Not the greatest trigger speed.

We also have 4 Primos truth cams, this winter being two of thems first year out, and they have been great cameras so far. Nice video too!! Better trigger speed, and also never leave the woods. These are large black cameras, but with some camo tape they disappear pretty good.

We had some cheap Tasco cameras that took good pics too, but both got stolen.

I dont have any really high end cameras hunting public land and all. Have had too many stolen and or vandilized.

Good luck in your search, chime back in if you find one you like and let us know what you think. Always could use more eyes in the woods.

I have run many wild game innovation cams. All have failed within 1 to 2 years, no exceptions. Maybe just my bad luck. Do a search on a place like archerytalk.com and you will get a billion good comments and feedback of the various brands. Personally I think WGI is garbage and will never buy another one. But I did use them for a few years.

i switched to the covert line and LOVE them. I have 2 Covert MP6s and will have 2 more very soon. For $119 a piece it's a great price. They are small, and run great. I pulled one in May that I placed in DEcember. It had over 1000 pictures including the one of my daughter and walking up to it to pull it. Uses AA batteries too.

i have used a few brands but now I am pretty much using Covert brand until something knocks my socks off.

I'd say spend no more than a hundred bucks and if u get more than 2 years out of it, its a bonus. They eventually fail or get stolen if it's public land.

We had one stolen this spring looking for coyote pics and the thief was a dog walker who's dog must have found the bait. The jerk stole camera and then reported to the wardens that we we were somehow "poisoning" animals?

Whatever u buy, Hide it well...

71039d1372197889-trail-camera-mystery-animal-screen-shot-2013-06-25-5.53.54-pm.jpg

I run only bushnell trophy cams. They are great. I mess around with cheaper cams and found the bushnell line to be great. The batteries last around six months.

Back
Top Bottom