Traffic stops

I've been pulled over 3 times since getting my LTC 2 years ago. never offered any info, was never asked any questions. probably helps that my car isn't registered to me.

Well, not trolling, but this is about the 10th thread on this subject since New Years.

Someone else may have posted already: MSP can see every firearm you have registered to you(as always, spare me the semantics about 'registration') and some localities may if they have the upgraded system.

that app better have a scroll bar if they look me up [smile]

Just curious as to what possible use that information would be to the officer in a traffic stop? If I were the cop, I'd pretty much assume that any person I stop might be armed. Some might have a license, some might not. As for the list of guns "registered" to you, isn't that really meaningless? You could well have a borrowed firearm, a firearm you legally own that is not "in the system," or no firearm on you at all.

I just don't see how that helps the officer in a traffic stop.
It doesn't, how dare you use common sense! It's a pain in the balls to actually use the system to look up the specifics on a firearm listed to someone, and takes way to long when you're on a traffic stop. You're right on the money, cops should be assuming everyone has one, that's how you're trained. A lot of the new LE come from the entitled generation, where everyone got a trophy in sports even if you suck. No peanut butter in school etc. and the majority of the have never been in a fistfight in their lives, let alone yelled at by someone, it's pathetic. Do you have to be in a fistfight to be a good cop? Nope you sure don't. But none of them have any ****ing life experience in the real world, and therefore don't understand discretionary policing like they should. If you guys could sit in on some of the background investigation interviews I've done with some of the new guys, you would be horrified. Ok sorry, rant over.

Opinion of an old motorcop, I view a LTC as more or less "good" person. The have jumped through the BS in this state and passed. Unless being a total ass, or having done something really stupid, most likely to go with a verbal

Short story, SPG doing traffic detail, fair amount of stops. Wave over car fast enough for stopping, borderline on what I would write at. Driver white knuckling wheel when I ask for license and reg..

SIR, I have a Glock 19 on my right hip!

SPG. Do you have a LTC A?

Yes

SPG, tell you what, you don't show me yours and I won't show you mine! Let go with verbal

Opinion of an old motorcop, I view a LTC as more or less "good" person. The have jumped through the BS in this state and passed. Unless being a total ass, or having done something really stupid, most likely to go with a verbal

Short story, SPG doing traffic detail, fair amount of stops. Wave over car fast enough for stopping, borderline on what I would write at. Driver white knuckling wheel when I ask for license and reg..

SIR, I have a Glock 19 on my right hip!

SPG. Do you have a LTC A?

Yes

SPG, tell you what, you don't show me yours and I won't show you mine! Let go with verbal
Exactly. SPG if you don mind me asking how many years you have on the job?

Started on 86. Grandfathered for cigars;-)
See? I had a feeling. I started in 88, first group not to be grandfathered. You have 28 years experience dealing with discretionary policing, and I'd bet you've talked more people into handcuffs then you've had to escalate. Policing is ****ing common sense and people skills in my opinion, and the newer guys just don't give a ****. Pisses me off. Rant over ( again)

See? I had a feeling. I started in 88, first group not to be grandfathered. You have 28 years experience dealing with discretionary policing, and I'd bet you've talked more people into handcuffs then you've had to escalate. Policing is ****ing common sense and people skills in my opinion, and the newer guys just don't give a ****. Pisses me off. Rant over ( again)

Tru dat

I'm guessing driver's license, but WHAT CARD then, and why?

Maybe:
dunkincard1.gif

ltc card. that way they know without me yelling about a gun. they would never hand a dunks car back to me.

Does an FID show up as well on the computer, or just an LTC? I know it's impossible to carry anything having an FID, but I'm just curious.

Does an FID show up as well on the computer, or just an LTC? I know it's impossible to carry anything having an FID, but I'm just curious.

i disagree. a mosin or mauser would make a fine concealed carry weapon. the legalities would be wrong but fine guns for it.

Amen!

Back
Top Bottom