Traffic Stop Story

Ever get a PIN over the phone from CJIS? They usually use your MA DL to confirm your identity. So it's pretty obvious their systems are joined at the hip somehow. Probably has something to do with CJIS housing criminal records as well as LTC data. Yeah it gives me warm fuzzies that we're basically another table next to diddlers, etc.

Yes, this is correct. I sold a firearm about 3 weeks ago to someone that didn't have his PIN with him. He called CJIS and they did ask for his driver's license and LTC numbers.

Oh really? How? The database keeps track of transactions in which you were transferror or transferee. I didn't know it nets all those transactions and shows the net left over of what you bought, minus what you have sold.
Yup and it is not a net list. If you bought 10 and sold 9 it will still show 10 under your name.
How do you know they can pull up a list of what is registered to you?

I know a lot of cops and was curious after I sold one of my guns if it was taken off the list of what I own so I had him pull up my list. The gun I had sold and transferred was still on my list.

To the OP, my standard offer. I can look into this very discreetly if youd like. I can find out if this is one of the freshly minted troopers that just got his license to solo, or hes an old timer. I can also find out if your buddy embellished his tale just a little bit for flourish.
This is something I enjoy doing; either exposing an ******* cop, or an ******* friend, so if your buddy says hed rather not, feel free to pass that along. If hes concerned that my discreet interroggative may blackball him, I assure you, it wont.
My popcorn imogie won't load, so guys please imagine it here:

The story has no embellishment, as the person who experienced it is a 100% stand up and honest guy that I have known for years.

The story has no embellishment, as the person who experienced it is a 100% stand up and honest guy that I have known for years.

Given that I would still take GPP up on his offer. He is the real deal and will not steer you wrong- and having him look into this could (potentially) make life a lot easier down the road for someone
else that encounters that trooper.

-Mike

Phone vids/dash cams are your friend. Indispensable. In Ma you must only inform that you are recording. Learn to hit video/start now. Inform the officer politely.

In Ma, must the driver roll the window down all the way? Always wondered. Opening it only a few inches would provide a sense of security and lower stress when faced with an armed, intimidating officer outside the car.

Not sure why this surprises anyone or the story is in doubt. We heard of police staking out a NS Gun Club range shortly after the AG's announcement, asking questions. There will always be jack-booted thugs willing to do the state's bidding for a paycheck. Sounds like this MSP was on a fishing expedition and has no problems jamming someone up.

Not sure why this surprises anyone or the story is in doubt. We heard of police staking out a NS Gun Club range shortly after the AG's announcement, asking questions.

That was mostly debunked like less than a week after it was posted. The incident in question supposedly had -absolutely nothing- to do with "assault weapons".

Let me guess- you are also still waiting for the authorities in RIO to bag the assailants that robbed the US swimmers?

-Mike

You ever done this yourself? What was the result?

i'll let you know if i ever get pulled over and it comes up....

2841477.main_image.jpg

reminds me of a Chili Peppers song.....

Last edited:

Excellent, and if you took my comments as insulting, that was not my intention.
My offer still stands man.
Glen

The mere smell of pot smoke hasn't been probable cause for pulling a car over for nearly a year now.
with an LTC it might be....

My LTC might empower me to pull over a car that reeks? Awesome!

A Terry stop requires the officer to articulate two things. One, that he suspects you may be armed. Two, that he reasonably believes that you have committed a crime or are about to commit a crime.

You're confused, OM.

A Terry Stop merely requires a reasonable suspicion of someone's involvement in criminal activity.

A Terry Frisk requires a reasonable articulable suspicion that someone is armed and dangerous.

The stop itself has nothing to do with whether or not someone is armed.

... is simply stating that "all conversations that occur between the operator of this private motor vehicle are recorded for the operators safety" doesn't cut it in the DPRMA?

Bad Idea Jeans Dept.

If you have to tell them you're recording,
don't tell them you're recording "for the operator's safety".

Tell them you're recording "for quality assurance purposes".

They dig that.

There is probably a pool at the local barracks to see who is the 1st trooper to confiscate a newly illegalized [STRIKE=LINE]Maury[/STRIKE] Marsha assault weapon,and this guy was a go getter that wanted to win the cash.

FTFY.

But props for "illegalized".

The old rumor was that if something bad happened their fingerprints were now on your car.... sounds like old wives tale though.

Bad Idea Jeans Dept.,
Part Deux

Next time you've been pulled over, when the trooper is about to turn and depart, toss him a chamois and say, "...and please buff those smudges off my fender".

They dig that.

Is the patdown still allowed if you TELL the LEO you ARE legally armed?

Yes: they are allowed to frisk you if they have a reasonable articulable suspicion that you are armed and dangerous.

You've established that you're armed;
maybe you're dangerous.

Living in NH but travel frequently to MA we make sure we do a thorough check when we get in the car to head south. Make sure we remove the arm rest pistol, her ccw from her purse and any loose spent brass in the truck bed. I do, however, keep an extra killy looking AR 15 water gun on the floor of the back seat. I keep hoping to get the opportunity to refuse the illegal search to see what happens when he proceeds anyway. [grin]

The search isn't illegal if the putative weapon is in plain view and within lunge distance of a vehicle occupant.

So the same thing will happen to you that happens to other people who refuse legal searches.

Pat downs in Europe must be much more fun...
Until you get tazzed and a German Shepherd is munching on your arm.

I'm not sure, but you may want to refer to it as a "chien Alsacien" in France.

Otherwise, they may command the German Shepherd to munch harder.

Back
Top Bottom