Traffic stop shootout footage

I'd have shot him while he was reaching into the car......many many times!

Trucker made attempt to help even trying to block the road.
Is there better ways to subdue people than punching in the face?
This guy's drive not to be arrested was more willing than the police to pin him down.
Leo has a tough job for sure .
This is not a BS comment but LEO often say lack of training when things go bad. I think they need to start putting some of these tough street thugs into teaching positions.
That guy took 2 tasers and several punches Nd still shook them off like fleas. Crazy shit right there.
God bless

I'd have shot him while he was reaching into the car......many many times!

I would like to think that I would have done the same, and it sure did look like the cops backed off when he reached into the car. I wonder if the cops were worried about being accused of a bad shoot if the guy came out with a cell phone.
Perp was pretty tough. Tazed twice, punched in the head at least six times by a pretty big guy, takes a couple of gunshots, and then drives himself to the hospital.

I would like to think that I would have done the same, and it sure did look like the cops backed off when he reached into the car. I wonder if the cops were worried about being accused of a bad shoot if the guy came out with a cell phone.
Perp was pretty tough. Tazed twice, punched in the head at least six times by a pretty big guy, takes a couple of gunshots, and then drives himself to the hospital.

Fvck him, I'd have shot him dead as a fvcking door nail the second he ducked into the window. I'd have run up to him immediately and emptied a full mag into him point blank and reloaded and kept firing until he stopped moving.

I don't fight to be fair, I fight to win. Those two cops didn't have the will or experience to put that guy down....and the outcome blatantly proves it.

Highly likely the cops waited to see a gun before shooting when he reached in the window. Smaller officer did draw, but it looks like the taller officer paused at 1:41.

And by waited, I mean they were probably fearful of BLM hysterics and losing everything even for a good shoot.

Is there better ways to subdue people than punching in the face?

Non-LEO's think it's so damn easy to hold down someone who doesn't want to be held down. Get three people together and make the smallest the 'bad guy'. Tell him he can start resisting at any point at random. Now, try to get his arms behind him without looking like some of the videos in the protecting and serving thread. It. Ain't. Easy.

This guy had two firearms on him, this appears to be a DUI stop, the guy knew he was in trouble. This guy was on 'something', so whatever it was was blocking some pain. The whole time, he's thinking how do I get out of this? Now you have two cops trying to arrest him. When someone is determined to not do what you tell them, it's pretty hard to do it without brute overwhelming force.

They did drag the guy out of the roadway before trying to finish the arrest, so it looks to me like they still had their heads in the game. It looks like they tried to cuff under power and it just didn't work out for them. They did a lot right in my opinion, it was just too far outside their box to deal with. As much as I agree with him reaching in the car being a tripwire, if he didn't come out with a gun, it would have been a long road before they were cleared. Quite a few people here would have called them out right murderers, but this time you get to see the other outcome.

This is not a BS comment but LEO often say lack of training when things go bad. I think they need to start putting some of these tough street thugs into teaching positions.

The problem with training at that level is you end up with injuries. I've seen blown ACL/MCL, broken arms and legs, and at least one neck fracture I know of. Even UFC fighters don't train hard all the time, they train up for the fight, it's a huge deal to postpone a fight at that level because the training is timed (for lack of a better word) to peak the night of the fight. You simply can't train for this level of conflict constantly and not wear out.

I would love to be in the shape I was at 29, but three kids, 50+ hr work weeks (most of it spent driving in a truck), I just simply don't have the time to work out and post to NES.

As much as I agree with him reaching in the car being a tripwire, if he didn't come out with a gun, it would have been a long road before they were cleared. Quite a few people here would have called them out right murderers, but this time you get to see the other outcome.

I sure as hell wouldn't have.

It's worth noting that most of the shitty police shootings don't involve someone resisting to -this- level. This wasnt like "oh furtive movement, blam" or "stop resisting" x 5 (while the guy is immobilized) blam garbage often seen. This wasn't a guy going back into his car to get his wallet.

It's pretty obvious (esp after the tazing) that this guy was only going to be stopped by lead therapy, he had already demonstrated full retard
strength.

-Mike

Non-LEO's think it's so damn easy to hold down someone who doesn't want to be held down. Get three people together and make the smallest the 'bad guy'. Tell him he can start resisting at any point at random. Now, try to get his arms behind him without looking like some of the videos in the protecting and serving thread. It. Ain't. Easy.

This guy had two firearms on him, this appears to be a DUI stop, the guy knew he was in trouble. This guy was on 'something', so whatever it was was blocking some pain. The whole time, he's thinking how do I get out of this? Now you have two cops trying to arrest him. When someone is determined to not do what you tell them, it's pretty hard to do it without brute overwhelming force.

They did drag the guy out of the roadway before trying to finish the arrest, so it looks to me like they still had their heads in the game. It looks like they tried to cuff under power and it just didn't work out for them. They did a lot right in my opinion, it was just too far outside their box to deal with. As much as I agree with him reaching in the car being a tripwire, if he didn't come out with a gun, it would have been a long road before they were cleared. Quite a few people here would have called them out right murderers, but this time you get to see the other outcome.

The problem with training at that level is you end up with injuries. I've seen blown ACL/MCL, broken arms and legs, and at least one neck fracture I know of. Even UFC fighters don't train hard all the time, they train up for the fight, it's a huge deal to postpone a fight at that level because the training is timed (for lack of a better word) to peak the night of the fight. You simply can't train for this level of conflict constantly and not wear out.

I would love to be in the shape I was at 29, but three kids, 50+ hr work weeks (most of it spent driving in a truck), I just simply don't have the time to work out and post to NES.

I agree with your post about trying to subdue someone who is unwilling. These cops had no moves and no willpower. They should have stomped him in the nuts when he was down and or broken a few ribs or displaced a knee cap.

Their head was NOT in the game.....at all.....they were yelling "get on your back" and the guy was already on his back. WTF??? They were adrenaline blind by the surprize of the moment.

They were inexperienced, complacent, lacking willpower and overwhelmed quickly.

No it's easy, real easy. Do you know what's hard? Actually to f***ing train to deal with these situations. These were suppose to be "trained" officers who are so much more trained then you and I, but appears trained in munching donuts more than actually doing their f***ing job.

This should be a FAIL video that is shown to every dumbass department who want 4', 70# women on patrol. There were many ... many times when this could have been stopped and dude brought under control. Let's not mix up FAIL with heroism bullshit. They have failed miserably, no different than a dumbass construction worker shooting himself with a nail gun or driving a forklift over his buddy. Let's call it what it is: FAIL.

The guy seemed to be pretty much impervious to pain if he withstood 2 hits from a taser and multiple punches to the head I suspect any other type of punishment short of being shot in the head would have slowed him down.

I

Their head was NOT in the game.....at all.....they were yelling "get on your back" and the guy was already on his back. WTF??? They were adrenaline blind by the surprize of the moment.

They were inexperienced, complacent, lacking willpower and overwhelmed quickly.

Ok, I didn't realize they were saying on your back. Yeah.

My point was, they tazed him and then drug him out of the traffic lane. I've seen lots of people fight in the roadway. That is absolute tunnel vision in my book, and bad.

They had him down for a long time before he got away and made it to the door to get the second gun. So, they had control for a full 90 seconds, they gave up the tazer for some reason and the guy got away. You can tell they aren't expecting this to happen by the way they are acting before they tell the guy to turn around. When I put cuffs on someone, I try to get them on before they realize what's happening. I never say, "I'm going to cuff you".

If nothing else, you can see how a motivated person can take rounds and still be in the fight, on both sides in this video.

where's all the cop haters? WTF? Total fail on the part of the cops but I gotta believe BLACK LIES MATTER POS played a huge part in their actions.

Ok, I didn't realize they were saying on your back. Yeah.

My point was, they tazed him and then drug him out of the traffic lane. I've seen lots of people fight in the roadway. That is absolute tunnel vision in my book, and bad.

They had him down for a long time before he got away and made it to the door to get the second gun. So, they had control for a full 90 seconds, they gave up the tazer for some reason and the guy got away. You can tell they aren't expecting this to happen by the way they are acting before they tell the guy to turn around. When I put cuffs on someone, I try to get them on before they realize what's happening. I never say, "I'm going to cuff you".

If nothing else, you can see how a motivated person can take rounds and still be in the fight, on both sides in this video.

Agree, adrenaline is powerful and coupled with what ever else he may have been on, the guy just got more angry as the fight went on.

I can see that situation 1:1. How it got so FUBAR with 2:1 is beyond me. I understand it's chaotic and blah blah blah. But I can't believe when they start playing ring around the posey that the guy is permitted to go into his car and come out with a gun then claim the high ground and blast away.

This would be enough to just end it, when he was reaching in the car.

I gotta believe the location also played a big role. 2nd cop kept looking behind him watching traffic. then when the fight started and they ended up on the hwy which also was a threat.

I gotta believe the location also played a big role. 2nd cop kept looking behind him watching traffic. then when the fight started and they ended up on the hwy which also was a threat.

No doubt, it was a real distraction.

That was insane. I thought the guy was on PCP based on how easily he shook everything off.

Question...why weren't they wearing vests? Or were they?

The NYP video was edited, here's a longer version of the shootout, where the troopers exchanged more gunfire with the perp before he drove away. 47 shots in all were fired between the three of them. The cops firing from the side of the road didn't seem concerned at all about their stray shots going towards traffic.

Back
Top Bottom