Toys for Tots - US Marine Reservist NES member NEEDS YOUR HELP!

76Too

NES Member
Yours truly is doing a Toys for Tots event (in my dress blues) down in Branford, CT on Friday evening. If you would like to donate a toy or a check (made out to 'Toys for Tots'), and would like for me to pick it up within a reasonable distance from Worcester, or if you would like to drop it off at my work (Standard Auto on Granite Street in Worcester) or at my home in North Oxford, I will ensure your donation is delivered this Friday.

This has always been something I believe in...that every kid deserves a toy on Christmas. Please, please, please. Help me out with this toy drive by giving me a head start and a pickup truck full of toys to bring down. I don't get anything for this, nor will they be paying for my gas...it's just something I feel very strongly about, and will personally do anything possible to help.

I don't ask a lot from anyone, but I would bend over backwards to help anyone of you out...but I DO ask that you consider buying and donating a toy or check to the Toys for Tots this Christmas.

If you want to make a donation, PM me and we'll work out a time to meet up. Thanks in advance...Merry Christmas!

LCpl. Williams USMC - 25 CLB Maintenance Co. New Haven, CT

P.S. Look at this as an opportunity to buy a toy GUN for every underprivileged kid in New England!

Way to go Mike! Great cause. We bought some toys to donate but we'll find a donation point locally-- I don't expect you to drive here again. ;)

Where exactly are you going to be? I have family in Branford, I'll try to get them to come out to drop some things off!

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

According to the schedule I received, I will be at 454 Life Sciences, A Roche Company...it is located at 1 Commercial Street Branford, CT

I'll be honest with you that I have NO idea what kind of business this is. That's most of the reason I am trying to get this started ahead of time...I don't want to show up empty handed.

Most of the guys just do their time at the function, but this is something I'm passionate about as you can probably tell.

Send your family down, I would be more than happy to meet them! Thank you for your support!

If anyone else knows of upcoming events with Marines in uniform collecting items for Toys for Tots, please let me know.
I always make sure that my children are involved in choosing and giving gifts to Toys for Tots.
It helps to teach them many important lessons.
Handing those gifts directly to a Marine in uniform tremendously adds to it.

I'm especially interested in finding a place near Lowell or Southern NH.

To the OP: Thank you.

If anyone else knows of upcoming events with Marines in uniform collecting items for Toys for Tots, please let me know.
I always make sure that my children are involved in choosing and giving gifts to Toys for Tots.
It helps to teach them many important lessons.
Handing those gifts directly to a Marine in uniform tremendously adds to it.

I'm especially interested in finding a place near Lowell or Southern NH.

To the OP: Thank you.

My sister and I learned about charity as children from when our mother would pick ornaments off the Christmas tree at church...each ornament represented a child. My mother would work overtime to make sure her own kids had a good Christmas, but also to help others weren't as fortunate as we were.

It really left an impression on me as a child to imagine a life where your gift came from an unknown source...growing up I knew that I wanted to do that for as many kids as I could. And here we are!

99105, I will do what I can to find out about Toys for Tots drives in your area...more than likely run by the grunts at Devens. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow. Thank you for your support, and your service!

The Mexican restaurant at the corner (Su Casa) has good food and cold beer. Commercial Street is a weird place to have a "toys of tots" it's off the main road in a small business park

I'll try and make it Friday, I work that area on Fridays, but like to head home around 4:00.

The Mexican restaurant at the corner (Su Casa) has good food and cold beer. Commercial Street is a weird place to have a "toys of tots" it's off the main road in a small business park

I'll try and make it Friday, I work that area on Fridays, but like to head home around 4:00.

Just LOOKING at the address/business name put a red flag up in my brain about this event, but supposedly four Marines were requested, and there is going to be press. I'm not sure if a company is having their holiday party or what is going on. If there's alcohol in any form there, I will certainly not complain...my hotel is close by, so I can call a cab :)

Either way, the ball is rolling and people have taken it upon themselves to deliver some toys already...and tomorrow I'm going out to spend some of my hard earned money on toy guns...and more toy guns...if they tell me I can't donate them, I'll find another organization that believes in freedom and liberty...and giving kids what the WANT!

-Mike

Does anyone know if any Marines are collecting toys today anywhere between Manchester NH and Burlington MA?

Back
Top Bottom