Toy gun story

I wonder if this story is real!!

I'm home for Christmas and might get to see one of my high school friends who I haven't seen in about 8 years. I was going through my old dresser today and found a toy handgun that I'd bought with that friend when we were about 16 years old. I remember my boss at the bike shop telling me that buying that toy gun was probably the stupidest thing I'd ever done, but he turned out to be only half right. While I stuck my fake gun in a dresser drawer, my friend decided to stick his out the window while driving around town with his friend Stephen. He didn't shoot the cap gun, but a gas station employee standing on the curb saw the fake gun and wet his pants before running inside and calling 911. The event was exacerbated when police arrived at my friend's house, and it turned out that the license plate number the gas station attendant had called in hadn't been registered for 10 years. You see, my friend was waiting for his license plates for his new car so he put some plates on the car that he pulled out of his friend's basement in the meantime. This led the police to believe my friends were driving a stolen car around town waving guns out the window. I can see how they made such a simple mistake. The greatest part is that my friend's older brother had the presence of mind to get out a video camera the moment the police arrived. He caught on tape the entire handcuffs-and-stuffed-in-a-car sequence after a brief interview with his younger brother before police took him away. I'm really hoping they can find that video. Have a happy holiday

Fred

It's believable that's for sure...... Glad to hear that the "firend" didn't wind up a recipient of the Darwin Award for that year...

Funny story to hear about after the fact though, thanks for the laugh

Back
Top Bottom