Toy Gun? Could have fooled me.

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
Not surprisingly, 19-year-olds Fatima Rupp and Holly Spedding surrendered without a fight in the stand-off outside a Tesco supermarket.

But they faced several hours in police cells before Miss Rupp was cautioned for possession of an imitation firearm and the pair were released.

"We were petrified when we stopped and they came screeching up and surrounded us," said Miss Stepping, from Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

"There were four jeeps, two vans full of dogs, armed police, helicopters and they were screaming, "Where's the gun?" Our gun was obviously a toy, but the guns the police pointed at us certainly weren't imitations. They were scary. I've never seen a real gun before, it was terrifying."

Miss Rupp added: "I completely froze and was too scared to move an inch in case they shot me. I had a gun pointing in my face."

The incident happened as the pair drove along the M62 after a Cowboys and Indians party at Chester University. Miss Rupp said: "Lorry drivers were pretending to shoot me with their fingers. So I pointed the toy gun back at them. Everyone was smiling and laughing. Some were even pretending to die and shouting 'Bang, bang!'."

An off-duty police officer failed to see the joke, reporting the girls for threatening motorists. Miss Rupp, who was in the passenger seat, said she realised something was wrong when she noticed six police cars on their tail.

The girls pulled off the motorway and into a supermarket car park in Brighouse

"We chose Tesco's car park to stop because there were lots of people around and we thought if they were armed they might be a bit more careful with all the public there," added Miss Rupp, a mother of two.

A police spokesman said: "When we receive reports of guns being pointed at people, we have a duty to take firm action and that means responding with armed officers.

"Imitation weapons are difficult to distinguish from the real thing, especially at distance."

ACTUAL UNRETOUCHED PHOTO

cowgirlsDM1805_468x712.jpg

Gary's ( Is that in referance to the ALE? Im not very good with AcroNymbs what is GFW British Constable.? Gay Female What?

Last edited:
Derek... this is from the country that has declared carrying a dull butterknife to be a violation of their "knife control" laws. You still think it can't be real?

I had a friend that went on a trip to England several years ago and was detained and questioned at the local Police dept. in Manchester after having a squirt gun fight with his cousin outside a pub. The f-ing thing was red and orange!

Give it time, and this same crap will happen in Mass. The moment guns are no longer part of the mainstream culture, seen as usefull tools, or fun hobbies they will be daemonized. The sheeple will only see guns as a negative, since that will be their only exposure to them (shootings on the news and in the movies). That's what's happened in the UK...people see a gun and freak out. My old friends in the UK are shocked that I actually own a firearm.

Back
Top Bottom