• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Town bans Menthol Cigarettes

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
News story here in FL this morning, a proposed law to have certain sunscreens ( almost all of them) be sold by prescription only because they are thought to hurt coral reefs. Hawaii and Key West already have a law on the books banning certain sunscreens....

That is reverse racism as some groups ( the ones that prefer menthol smokes) do not need sunscreen and us evil white folks are going to get skin cancer

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Trust me a bunch of white people smoke menthols, i mean it isn’t just Newport’s they are banning. Either way it should be illegal for these F**KING ignorant town managers to make such decisions. I don’t even smoke but I’d be right there protesting with smokers if it would make a difference. Unbelievable

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The problem is all these local Boards Of Health have complete and ultimate say in matters they frankly have no business being in the middle of.

If the FDA says it is a legal product, and can be used as an additive in tobacco, then the local BOH's should STFU.

We had a Quack dentist on the BOH where I grew up that would not allow any tanning salons in town for decades... he had to die for it to happen

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
News story here in FL this morning, a proposed law to have certain sunscreens ( almost all of them) be sold by prescription only because they are thought to hurt coral reefs. Hawaii and Key West already have a law on the books banning certain sunscreens....

That is reverse racism as some groups ( the ones that prefer menthol smokes) do not need sunscreen and us evil white folks are going to get skin cancer
Some places in the Caribbean ban a lot of sunscreens because they are toxic to the ocean life. And just think, y'all want to slather that on your skin, your bodies biggest organ.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dark skinned people do burn as well and need sunscreen. Not at the same rate as a pasty redhead, but still need protection especially in the tropics. If you look at all the say landscappers in FL, many of whom are , ahem, dark skinned, they are usually covered head to toe, including the face.

Coral reefs are getting destroyed, look at pics of great barrier reef vs. 20 years ago, huge amount of coral is dead. Potential destruction from sunscreen is a big issue in these areas.

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

My father died from skin cancer when he was 55. I'll use whatever damn sunblock I want.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dreadlocks are next along with grape draaaank, ice tea, skittles, hoodies, gold teeth and spinners.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
when I was younger and used to smoke I smoked Marlboro's. The black people I hung out with used to make fun of me because I wouldn't smoke Newports or Kools. it was a rare occurrence if we bummed smokes off each other. We'd smoke them, but we would complain about how much it sucked the whole time....lol. it was another thing altogether when all I could get were my grandfather's Camels.

We can squelch this ban pretty quickly by playing the race card.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I survived today's boat trip with spf 100+ sunscreen.
I feel like a vampire, you can actually see me burn.
F them. Its ridiculous

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I’m struggling to think of a reason they’d have underlined “your” that isn’t overtly sexual.
Just another racial stereotype. LOL

I smoked menthols back in the day. (I was a Kool guy in a Newport world, tho.) I eat watermelon, BBQ, greens, fried chicken and I LIVED on grape soda as a kid. Maybe I was born a poor black child. Me and Lizzie are gonna start our own 501c(3) in order to get more free stuff.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Just another racial stereotype. LOL

I smoked menthols back in the day. (I was a Kool guy in a Newport world, tho.) I eat watermelon, BBQ, greens, fried chicken and I LIVED on grape soda as a kid. Maybe I was born a poor black child. Me and Lizzie are gonna start our own 501c(3) in order to get more free stuff.

Top Bottom