• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tough times ahead

To everything there is a season, and a thyme to every purpose......tern, tern, tern
The Byrds
FIFY

images
images
images

Wash your hands to the chorus of Mambo No. 5.......yeah, it's a thing if you don't do the Happy Birthday song in your head, lol.

I must be paranoid about the Wuhan Foxtrot. I wash my hands while humming the full-length "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" ...
tenor.gif

Oddly, the dancing skeleton keeps time with Iron Butterfly...

Last edited:
Is this the less dumb of the two options? Whatever maximizes evening daylight... set it that way, weld the hatch shut. The nonsense about kids walking to school in the dark is bullshit, 99% of them get picked up by a bus that stops every 10 feet.
MIke, you don't understand! Those little snowflakes might trip in the dark getting out of mommy's car at the end of the driveway to get on the bus in the dark! [devil]

Is this the less dumb of the two options? Whatever maximizes evening daylight... set it that way, weld the hatch shut. The nonsense about kids walking to school in the dark is bullshit, 99% of them get picked up by a bus that stops every 10 feet.
Around here mommy just drives them to school, the buses seem mostly empty and the traffic is ridiculous.

It seems like if I leave even 5 minutes later than normal in the morning, I get stuck behind that very bus. Never fails.

I was thinking of the reason we still have DST. Television.

if this was 1895, who cares if you get up at 4 or 5 or 6. And go to bed accordingly. The television schedule sets us up to go to sleep too late in the day. 9-5. 8-4. 7-3. Who cares? The guy trying to catch some show on tv or the 11pm news.

if we all got up an hour earlier all the time, what “time” it was would be irrelevant.

Your love for a wonderful parrot is something I hope to have some day. My wife is making me wait until my travel is less onerous before I indulge my lifelong desire for a parrot.

Thanks for sharing sir.
It's quite amazing how devoted these birds can get. When my wife passed two years ago, thankfully peacefully in our bed, Megan went into the bedroom each day for two weeks and would sit on her pillow. Jack.

Your love for a wonderful parrot is something I hope to have some day. My wife is making me wait until my travel is less onerous before I indulge my lifelong desire for a parrot.

Thanks for sharing sir.

Depending on what species you get, be prepared for a perpetual 2 year old that can live 30-40-50 years or more.

I heard it say "Sonofabitch" at least 20 times.

That ain't a two year old. That's my buddy fighting with his wife...

Last edited:
Depending on what species you get, be prepared for a perpetual 2 year old that can live 30-40-50 years or more.

OMG, is that bird posses by Satan?

My ex mother in law had one of those. It loved everyone except my ex wife. When we were visiting, if my ex wife got annoying, I would open the cage and let the bird go after her. It was pretty funny.

When that bird wanted attention, it was worse than a dog barking. It is the only reason I would never own one.

Back
Top Bottom