• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Touch Up Paint - Removed Bayonet Lug

Can anyone recommend a good touch up paint to match a parkerized front sight base where I removed the bayonet lug? I tried one of those Birchwood Casey flat black pens and it is absolute garbage. I am thinking I might just tape off the gun and hit the bare spot where I removed the bayonet lug with flat black krylon.

I would blue it. I tried high temperature black flat paint on my bayonet lug but it wasn't too durable.

hobby stores offer the widest range of colors if you want to match it close. the enamels are pretty tough....
I turned a2 sight into low pro gas block and just blued the bare metal ......think I had blue wonder on hand...then I just stopped looking at it. When I do find myself not liking how it looks.... I repeat to myself. Buy ammo no more parts.

High heat black spray paint will do fine

This is the kind of stuff that I used when I lopped off the 'ears' on my bayo lug. Instead of masking and spraying, I sprayed a little puddle onto a paper plate then used a toothpick to apply. Works well when you only have very small areas to touch up.

Unless I'm miss reading this, none of the ideas so far are going to help. You said it is parkerized, correct? Parkerizing is gray, everything mentioned so far is either blue or black.
The closest match that I have found is Brownell's alumahyde in dark parkerizing gray. Make sure you get the dark park. They also sell just plain parkerizing gray, but I found that to be too light in color.

For what it's worth, this was done with Oxpho-Blue:

0425733A-C0A2-4014-807D-13C029B344DB_zpsr81a4nto.jpg

0DB236D6-820F-4F3E-865E-14CDBFAC1A64_zps2qavnsrn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom