• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Topton Multigun Team Match

Awesome Dan! Nice shooting by all you guys. Looks like the knee is holding up well too with all the running.
I'd like to do one with you sometime.

Except for forgetting to put the safety off on Stage 6...[laugh]

I saw that and thought, it couldn't be a gun problem... it's a Benelli

but atleast your were not looking around on the ground for your changing handle [frown]

I'm sure Dan is to humble to say, but his team came in 6th place out of 60 teams [cheers]

Last edited:
I saw that and thought, it couldn't be a gun problem... it's a Benelli

but atleast your were not looking around on the ground for your changing handle [frown]

Mike,
The ONLY gun that never malfunctions is the one that's never fired! Everything mechanical is subject to failure. Maybe not as often as middle age shooters[rofl]
(I figured I'd beat some of you guys to that comment)

Last edited:
A couple things about the match. Paper targets were Zombie targets, no open pistols, no open shotguns. I believe 2 Saigas were used, but, recieved a 10 second penalty for each reload...ouch! Rifles were allowed 2 optics (open) but, there really was no advantage to it.
Oh yes, and there was a prize table too, a very generous prize table.

My parents are about an hour from Topton. I'd love to shoot this next year. I've got to get a shotgun and start practicing.

My parents are about an hour from Topton. I'd love to shoot this next year. I've got to get a shotgun and start practicing.

I was the shotgun shooter on the team. You need 2 more shooters for this match. Jar, I shoot a Benelli M2 field.

Thanks for posting, very interesting! Dan I thought it was an interesting comment about getting guys committed to a team. Sounds like your experience mirrors mine. Some of the best shooting experiences I have had involved a team that clicked.

B

Thanks for posting, very interesting! Dan I thought it was an interesting comment about getting guys committed to a team. Sounds like your experience mirrors mine. Some of the best shooting experiences I have had involved a team that clicked.

B
I will say that there were 2 teams from Maine at the match. Jay Baack is the instigator for them.

Back
Top Bottom