• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Topton, FNH 3 Man 3 GUn June 2012

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139988

I just saw this match announcement on Brian Enos.

\_____________________________________
Just a heads up, there will be a 3 Gun Nation - 3 Man 3 Gun Summer Series (team event) coming in 2012 with 3 matches broken up across the summer.

The first event on June 23rd at the TAPS range in Topton, PA, the second event on July 21st (awaiting confirmation back from the range but it looks like it will be at the Peacemaker National Training Center in WV where the FNH 3 Gun was just held) and the third and final event August 18th will again be held at the TAPS range in Topton, PA. Note, we were careful not to intrude on any existing 2012 match dates as of this posting. To our knowledge, these dates do not run into any other announced major 3 gun event.

The matches will have a close connectedness in style to the team event held before each shoot off this season at SMM3G, IRONMAN, RM3G etc. However the teams will be pre-registered, shoot 6 stages and the shooters will know one another. The 3 gun team event is unlike any other 3 gun match around and is by far the most exciting to watch.

So get your buddies, get a team assembled and get a team name (hopefully a tasteful name, as only those will be accepted).

The 3GN 3M3G Summer Series will be filmed by 3 Gun Nation for dedicated webisodes on 3GunNation.com & AR15.com with the chance of some other coverage depending on how things play out after Jan 2012.

There will be cash payback and prizes at each individual team event and a overall team cash payout going twenty teams deep upon the completion of the third event once points are calculated. The top team will be declared the 2012 3GN 3M3G champion and each member presented with a trophy recognizing their accomplishment.

To qualify for the final cash payout in the series each team must shoot a minimum of two of the three events. You do not need to shoot all three events. If a team does shoot all three events, their lowest score will be dropped. Tactical optics is the only division recognized. IMGA scoring will be used, each stage will be worth 100 points. We will not have any stage guns.

Match Director for all three events will be Dean DeTurk.
Each event will be a one day format with shooting on a Saturday.
Each team will compete in 6 stages requiring all 3 team members to shoot in either a relay race or "rolling thunder" COF.
75 teams maximum will be allowed at each event including RO and sponsor teams.
RO's will shoot the event for free, and will shoot the event the same day as the competitors. We are going to embed a team of RO's with each squad.

This 3GN 3M3G Summer Series will adhere to the principles Dean and I think are important to a match (aka the three Fs): that it be Fun, Fast and Fair. The stages will be fun, the match will move along fast and most of all, everything will be fair for both RO teams and competitor teams.

A PDF with the rules and regs will be posted once the final details are completed.

Entry forms will be available Feb 1, 2012.

• Tentative series finale payout structure is as follows*:
o 1st Place: 6,000 Dollars
o 2nd Place 3,000 Dollars
o 3rd Place 2,000 Dollars
o 4th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 5th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 6th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 7th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 8th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 9th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 10th Place 1,000 Dollars
o 11th Place 600 Dollars
o 12th Place 600 Dollars
o 13th Place 600 Dollars
o 14th Place 600 Dollars
o 15th Place 600 Dollars
o 16th Place 600 Dollars
o 17th Place 600 Dollars
o 18th Place 600 Dollars
o 19th Place 600 Dollars
o 20th Place 600 Dollars

* Fee structure subject to increase based on participation and sponsorship. The fee structure will not decrease from the stated numbers in the pay scale.

3 Gun Nation 3 Man 3 Gun Summer Series Individual Event Payout schedule:
Check back for the individual event payout - currently being finalized.

Again, the above pay scale is for the series finale payout. Once we have the individual event payout structure I will update this thread with the information. So that means there will also be individual cash payouts at each event just like Dean's previous 3 Man 3 Gun Championships.

Points will be earned just like this year's 3 GN series. First place earns 100 team points, and the points break down from second place on following the current 3 GN points schedule.

If you are interested in RO'ing one of the events please contact Dean at [email protected]

Jansen Jones will be handling sponsorship for the 3GN 3 Man 3 Gun Summer Series and all interested parties should contact him for details. [email protected]

For those of you who have shot Dean's 3 Man 3 Gun Championship in the past, you know how good that match is, and how great the payback and prize table has been. This series promises to be even better. Keep an eye out for the application, you won't want to miss this series.

Last edited:
As long as we can continue to shoot only one match, I like it. 3 Gun Nation is bringing the sport to the forefront.

Can I blame you [grin]

I don't think it makes a match easier, all the score keeper has to do is check off another box.

I think if you run a match, you should have all the divisions. But his match, his rules. I guess I'll have to start a Open only match

I'm wondering if this is going to take the place of the typical Topton Team 3-Gun match, which I'd been planning to attend next year...

It looks like it is. I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

Can I blame you [grin]

I don't think it makes a match easier, all the score keeper has to do is check off another box.

I think if you run a match, you should have all the divisions. But his match, his rules. I guess I'll have to start a Open only match
I think the reason for only Tac Optics is so the prize money looks better.

I like the one division format, of course it helps that I shoot tac optics. I like that everyone in the match is competing straight up and it eliminates all of the arguments on how to split up the prize table. There's a dedicated he-man / heavy metal match at Raton for 2012, which I think is a great way to boost interest in HM. On the pistol side, look at the popularity of the Single Stack Classic/SS Nats and Memphis Charity Challenge. A club match should never exclude people, but I think there's a place for major matches where everyone competes together.

I'm working on being able to commit to all three and then getting a team to do the same. I was already planning on the June Topton match.

Jeff,
I'm going to Raton for the He Man match in June, and hopefully in August for the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun, so making all 3 of the team matches will be tough for me.
I think Mike should run an Open only match.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom