Topton 3 gun team match, 2011

Ok, I still need one more. If we wait too long, the match will be sold out. Anyone interested e mail. This should not cut into your work week. Match is on a Sunday. We will drive out Saturday, Shoot Sunday and drive home. There has been a lot of discussion about three gun, now is the time to try what looks like a real good match.

I got a commitment for a third team member today. As soon as his paper work gets to me will be sending it in. Thanks to Michael and John for joining me and to Dan S for the help [smile]

Well it was a hot and humid day in Topton PA with many rounds fired. I was disappointed in my performance but I now know what I need to practice more. I've never shot plates at 200 yards off-hand with the AR before. Thanks to Gary and Mike W. for shooting with me. I had a great time and plan to improve my skills to be better prepared for next year. I'll post a couple of videos when I get a chance.

Videos can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=4F151B095C02DB9A

Last edited:
Mike,
I'm glad you enjoyed it! 3 gun does take more work, but, the fun involved is worth it, in my opinion. The more matches you attend, the more you'll find what you need to work on, and it's ever changing! You really will develope a large skill set. Not only that, you meet some really nice folks along the way. You also find out what equipment works and what doesn't.
It was fun shooting with you, and Gary and Mike, and look forward to doing again.
I did notice you didn't have any fingerless gloves.[smile]

Great match, excellent team mates (Thanks Guys) squad was a lot of fun. 85 degree weather seemed real good. I learned a lot and the most important thing I learned is I want more and I am willing to work on my weaknesses. These people really know how to put on a match.

Thanks to Dan for the advice in these threads and all that help out here. Now, are we on for next year [grin] It will be 2 nights in the hotel for me, that 8hr drive home is a killer.

Yes, they had a very solid team with a lot of um....... experience. There was one team on our squad who's combined ages was less than any one of theirs. [laugh]
Dan, I actually DID have a pair of fingerless gloves in my bag. I just never took them out.
Noidlight, check post #39 for a link to the videos.

Gary, I fully understand, 2 nights for sure next year.

Back
Top Bottom