• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top Shot back tonight

It's called "good" TV. The producers saw the drama in Jays personality and knew it would bring an element of drama to the "reality" side of the show, so they picked him instead of the actual better more experienced shooter.
That's how I guess it went down.

Yeah, am I the only one that missed the rule about the "friendly targets" being the tie breaker until the contest was over?

It's called "good" TV. The producers saw the drama in Jays personality and knew it would bring an element of drama to the "reality" side of the show, so they picked him instead of the actual better more experienced shooter.
That's how I guess it went down.

This.

It gives the non-shooters watching the show someone to root for! "Wow....that could be me!"

Not sure what the audition process is, but shooting is not the only thing that's being looked for...they have a nice ethnic/age mix, no roundboys, etc.
For most of the viewing audience, the shooting is ancillary to the whining and infighting....which is why I generally DVR it, so that I can buzz through the commercials and "drama". He may not be the best shooter, but he did make the cut, and is getting his 15 minutes +....

Oh, and what's the point of shooting arrows down curved pipes again?

That's because it wasn't a dude. It was Maggie Reese.

It was the Cop on blue team that decided to vote for Jay after Jermaine chose his opponent. Maggie had to decide the Tie-breaker between Jay and Skeet Shooter. (Sorry, I don't know the names.)

I think it was a good strategy to get rid of Jay, but it backfired. Too Bad for Jermaine, I thought he would have done really well and could have won the entire competition. It's his own fault, I still can't believe he F'd up twice running up that hill. What the hell was he thinking?

Yeah, am I the only one that missed the rule about the "friendly targets" being the tie breaker until the contest was over?

I caught it. My girlfriend did too. As soon as Jay finished shooting, she was like, 'aww shit, they both scored 6, but Jay didn't hit any friend targets'.

It was the Cop on blue team that decided to vote for Jay after Jermaine chose his opponent. Maggie had to decide the Tie-breaker between Jay and Skeet Shooter. (Sorry, I don't know the names.)

Ahh yes, this is true. I assumed he was referring to the ultimate pick that chose Jay over the skeet shooter, which that was Maggie.

That's because it wasn't a dude. It was Maggie Reese.

Before that. The blond dude deviated from the team's plan and shot Jay's target instead of Jermaine's. Jermaine was supposed to pick who he was shooting against. Had he stuck with the plan she wouldn't have had to decide. And like a typical woman she based her decision on emotions and not evidence.

Before that. The blond dude deviated from the team's plan and shot Jay's target instead of Jermaine's. Jermaine was supposed to pick who he was shooting against. Had he stuck with the plan she wouldn't have had to decide. And like a typical woman she based her decision on emotions and not evidence.

It was also the blond Dude's idea to let Jermaine pick his opponent.

is anyone else glad that the little asian girl finally left?

2 time world champion and missed every shot? come on. i understand there is time and pressure, but 2 time world champion.

50 feet is not even that far away for most psitol targets. Specially when you are a world champion.

Nice to see Jay blow off advice from Sawyer.

http://www.tacticalinsider.com/index.html

Yeah, I loved when he said something like 'I don't want advice on grip, I want advice on shooting faster'. A good grip is fundamental to getting the sights to lift and return consistently to the same spot, which is the key to shooting fast.

That said, I wouldn't make a major change to my technique in the last practice session before a big competition.

Yeah, I loved when he said something like 'I don't want advice on grip, I want advice on shooting faster'. A good grip is fundamental to getting the sights to lift and return consistently to the same spot, which is the key to shooting fast.

That said, I wouldn't make a major change to my technique in the last practice session before a big competition.

I think Craig was going to point that out but then thought to himself "Ok Mr. know it all, run with your granny grip..."

Just saw the commerical for the next episode.

Compound bows, i cant wait to see this one.

it showed them using up to date bows looked like bowtechs, now last season they had long bows which are much harder to shoot.

Shooting a bow is no harder than a pistol, yet they will screw it up hard. the distance from the 30sec clips looked they were shooting at close range

The thing is, as much as Jay is an anti-social twerp (and he is that), he's making his shots when they count.

unfortunate but true... he has been making a lot more shots than his teammates when it counts

next episodes is archery which acording to his sheet on the website is his only "claim to fame"... other than golf pro lol

Competes in local and national archery and air pistol events, placing within top 10%
Qualified in 2004 Olympic Trials for archery
Olympic and American skeet training by medalist Kim Rhode
Shoots Olympic air rifles, air pistols, freestyle hand thrown clays, handguns, and blow guns; also throws knives

unfortunate but true... he has been making a lot more shots than his teammates when it counts

next episodes is archery which acording to his sheet on the website is his only "claim to fame"... other than golf pro lol

I said I wasn't going to watch it again, but I am haha, probably just to see Jay get put in his place sooner or later. I remember in the first ep. when they had sorta mini bio's and Jay says something like " I'm just good at everything I try". What a douche.

I said I wasn't going to watch it again, but I am haha, probably just to see Jay get put in his place sooner or later. I remember in the first ep. when they had sorta mini bio's and Jay says something like " I'm just good at everything I try". What a douche.

Oh, he is, no question. But he is making his shots, whereas Jermaine and others didn't make their shots.

Oh, he is, no question. But he is making his shots, whereas Jermaine and others didn't make their shots.

It's not like he is doing good or anything he is just sucking less then his competition. It's just a matter of time where his lack of experience shows and cost him.

It's not like he is doing good or anything he is just sucking less then his competition. It's just a matter of time where his lack of experience shows and cost him.
I'm guessing it is harder than it looks. One of the competitors who left was a champion IPSC shooter. So far, he has kept up with Brian Zins, another world class shooter.

I don't like Jay. I really don't. But you have to give him credit for what he's done so far.

The thing is, as much as Jay is an anti-social twerp (and he is that), he's making his shots when they count.

That is sooooo annoying. I keep saying Jay sucks, and during the trainings, he looks like he really sucks, but when the competition actually starts, almost half the team ends up sucking more.

Jay's a nozzle but he must have some more endearing side we're not seeing because I'm not seeing the pure hatred from his teammates. It's clear some of them hate him but not all. He'll likely stay around for a while. It seems that while he has little technique, he's a talented shooter...unfortunately.

The blond dude that broke HIS OWN plan to vote for Jay is the one to blame. Without him, the clay shooter would be home.

Does anybody think Jay's inexperience could be helping him? Maybe he hasn't grown too accustomed to a particular platform, but has a good understanding of the mechanics of shooting. Look at that guy last year that kept blaming his poor shooting on not being able to use a glock. I would think the more specialized your discipline is, the worse you would be at this style of competition.

Back
Top Bottom