"Top of the Hub" Restaurant won't be down for breakfast after April

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Never been there, I won't miss it.
Another restaurant gone, happens all the time, add them to the recent list along with The No-Name.

ProGun

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I pretty much forgot that place existed. I went once with my wife before we were married, probably around 2000-01.

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
after 9/11 it was tough on them. The observatory I believed closed. I was there some time after and the bartender said it never bounced back.

I bet the tower raised the rent so they could lease it for a lot more . Seems to be a trend

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The one time we went there for a family evening dinner party, there was a hellacious lightning storm. It was storming from when the limo picked us up in Norwood and dropped us off at near midnight. We were treated to a light show like no other. The lightning rods are right next to the window seats. Food was excellent.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
My wife (then GF) had our first date there back in 1983 or so. THE place to go back in the day!
My folks liked to go for their anniversary years ago - about then. My mom would get the Caesar salad made at your table. Every year she got it. That would drive me buggy. Make my food elsewhere and bring it to me. I don't need dinner and a show. But Mom can't cook well, so I guess it was a treat to watch someone prepare something well. LOL

I never went. My go-to for my early-marriage nights out was Seasons down in some hotel near Fanueil Hall. I had some amazing meals there. Menu was local and ever-changing. They were doing that 20 years before anyone else it seemed. Had some amazing poor-man meals back in they day. Braised venison with spoon bread and crap like that. And $20/glass of Opus One or something. Or Chateau de Rothchild something something. (Those are 2 I recall. I was a sucker for the overpriced wine-de-jeur they'd hawk.)

67ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
And $20/glass of Opus One or something. Or Chateau de Rothchild something something. (Those are 2 I recall. I was a sucker for the overpriced wine-de-jeur they'd hawk.)
$20 glass of Opus? Hasn't been that price since Babe Ruth played in Boston

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
$20 glass of Opus? Hasn't been that price since Babe Ruth played in Boston
25 years ago? Maybe it was $30. It was crazy for the time, but not TOO crazy. I liked the Baron de Rothchild yada yada better. Hell, I'm just a putz with a bad palate. I had a glass of wine at Capital Grille years ago. Never wrote it down. OR did and lost it. Best damned red wine I ever drank. Back 15 years ago it was $20 a glass. It was just "recommended" by the waiter. While I hated paying it, it was damned tasty. Had I only remembered the name. LOL

boilermaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Had my credit card number stolen there years ago. Not real sorry to see it go, but the will miss access to the view. Maybe the wife and I will go back for a cocktail and bring cash.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sh*tty, overpriced food.

I wouldnt even take customers there. And I didnt have a spending limit when taking customers out to dinner.

Anyone visiting, I would usually take them up for drinks so they could walk around and take pictures, then we would go to a steak house down the street.

I never paid to go into that observatory (whatever it was called).

m_n_x

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Decades ago they had bouillabaisse that rocked. It was kind of pricey but not crazy and it was a great place to take dates. Now that I'm married I date a lot less. Haven't been in a long time.

Top Bottom