• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top 5 gun control lies the Democrats likely use in tonight's debate

Acujeff

NES Member
While democrat presidential hopefuls ramp up for their first debate on CNN tonight, we thought we would go ahead and combat the anti-gun lies we know the usual suspects will try to perpetuate to the American public. The list below is far from complete, but some of the candidates have spent so much time touting the same anti-gun rhetoric over and over again, it wasn't hard narrowing it down to the top 5 we think they'll highlight in tonight's democratic debate.

1.That 40% of all gun sales in the U.S. do not go through background checks.
2.That it’s easier to buy a vegetable…or a book…than a gun.
3.That a so-called “assault weapons” ban is just “common sense”
4.That if you believe in the Second Amendment or support the NRA, you must be an “extremist!”
5.Gun Control works.

Why they are wrong at:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...rats-are-bound-to-bring-up-in-tonights-debate

#5 i think is the most twisted fact/lie (whatever side ur on). The crime rate is at an all time low, but the Liberals don't look at the "violent crime rate" as a whole, they sub categorize "gun violence", that's all they care about. I don't know the stats about "gun violence", but i dont think its as important as violence as a whole.

Last edited:
One quote I like to use when debating / arguing with liberals about guns was taken from an Idaho highway sign which I believe quotes a current or former governor. Whether it actually exists on a highway sign I have no clue but nonetheless it is really difficult to counter this point

"You may not like gun, that is your right. You may not believe in God, that is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home the first two things you are going to do is call someone with a gun and pray they get there in time".

Gun control will probably won't even be covered.

If so a very small segment.

I was disappointed about the Republican debate. 2A was asked and not really in depth. No follow up questions and not all candidates responded.

Yup it was an "I hate the constitution more than you." contest.
Scary part is that Hitlery holds up in a dick measuring contest.
She might have even won in a room full of so called men.

I just saw that Rachel Maddow, that ultra liberal bull dyke and self-proclaimed intellectual, is one of the "journalists" who will "moderate" the debate tonight. I'm tempted to tune in just to hear the softball questions that she's likely to lob out there.

I hate when they bring up that civilians shouldn't be able to own "military looking" rifles. So they don't like us owning ar 15s and such, but would have no problem with a more "traditional" looking gun like a mini 14 or m1. The fact is many really don't know anything about guns. I was debating with a Harvard educated customer of mine,who held a doctorate, who had no clue what the hell she was talking about. The same point of view as some of these liberal politicians.

I hate when they bring up that civilians shouldn't be able to own "military looking" rifles. So they don't like us owning ar 15s and such, but would have no problem with a more "traditional" looking gun like a mini 14 or m1. The fact is many really don't know anything about guns. I was debating with a Harvard educated customer of mine,who held a doctorate, who had no clue what the hell she was talking about. The same point of view as some of these liberal politicians.

Don't you realize the more black and killy the gun looks the more dangerous it is? That's a well known, common sense fact

/s

If you tell a lie long enough, it truly does turn into a fact for many people. I grew up in a super liberal town and can't tell you how strange it feels to talk about this stuff with some people. I know countless people who believe ARs are "machine guns" cause the word "automatic" is in semi-automatic. These are the people that shed tears while they applaud a politician yelling to ban all semi-autos. Talk about clueless.

Based on the majority view I have seen in the Boston area, its sad to say but I honestly wouldn't be suprised if ARs are further restricted if not banned in MA within the next 10 years.

That it’s easier to buy a vegetable…or a book…than a gun

I like the variation on this "There are more FFLs in <REGION> than there are <UNRELATED_BUSINESS>". As if either number means anything.

"There are twice as many gun shops as McDonald’s". Good!
"More gun dealers than US Posts Offices". My grandpa claimed to remember when they were one and the same.
"More Gun Dealers Than Gas Stations". Grandpa says "Ditto" (and yes, he remembered ditto machines, too!).

And most recently, via Chelsea Clinton, "More Gun Dealers Than Starbucks". And both have crazy high markups.

You're stronger then me. I can make it a ways in but the BS gets so deep and the shrilling so loud I have to turn it off.

No way I could.....I would grind my teeth to the bone

- - - Updated - - -

While democrat presidential hopefuls ramp up for their first debate on CNN tonight, we thought we would go ahead and combat the anti-gun lies we know the usual suspects will try to perpetuate to the American public. The list below is far from complete, but some of the candidates have spent so much time touting the same anti-gun rhetoric over and over again, it wasn't hard narrowing it down to the top 5 we think they'll highlight in tonight's democratic debate.

1.That 40% of all gun sales in the U.S. do not go through background checks.
3.That a so-called “assault weapons” ban is just “common sense”
4.That if you believe in the Second Amendment or support the NRA, you must be an “extremist!”
5.Gun Control works.

Why they are wrong at:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...rats-are-bound-to-bring-up-in-tonights-debate

No one needs 30 round "clips" for hunting

Back
Top Bottom