Top 3 firearms everyone should shoot before they die

As the title suggests, I'm curious to what this forum's opinion is on which guns are the most fun to shoot. I'm relatively inexperienced, shooting some semi-automatics and revolvers, but wondered if people wanted to contribute some "bucket list" guns that all should try to get their hands on. Pictures and your reasoning earn imaginary internet bonus points!

A big bore revolver such as the 500 S&W Mag.
Some type of Machine Gun.
A Black-Powder rifle. Preferably in Flint=lock configuration.

Ma deuce
M1 garand
M1911

In that order. I've owned or fired extensively all three and they are the most memorable of any gun I've experienced.

Last edited:
Powerful revolver, .357 magnum or greater
AR15 or AK in a place where rapid fire is not prohibited or unsafe
Something full auto

I still have not shot anything full auto! I need to work on that.

Covered two or three out of three listed so far, but I've heard that "Two out of three ain't bad"

My votes would be

M1 Garand
1911 or Colt SAA
Something full auto, I would personally choose an AK.

This is tongue in cheek because the ones I would have cited are posted already...

16" gun on the Battleship Missouri BB-63. But you've got to pack the cordite you powder monkey!
[video=youtube_share;LgZkRK7BDNw]http://youtu.be/LgZkRK7BDNw[/video]

350px-UMP-45_Ironman.jpg

MG42-2.jpg

latest

I can't be limited to 3 but here is my list.

Kentucky Long Rifle
Springfield Trapdoor
Colt Peacemaker
Winchester 1873
M1903
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
Tommy Gun
M1919 or Ma Deuce

History!

Tried to get on the team at my reserve unit but the two armorers cut my throat! Those bastards knew I was next in line to join a MG team, but they took it upon themselves to make sure they were first on the roster...I guess I shouldn't complain though because promotions have been closed out in their MOS across the board for over a year! Gotta let em have some fun so they don't freak out an go all Nadal Hassan on us next time we're in the field.

Winchester 1892 because the wild west.
Walther P38 & Colt 1911 at the same time because WW2.
S&W Model 29 because you feel lucky.

Honorable mentions:
M1 Garand
Thompson's Subgun
A Glock 17/18 with a freedom switch and a 33 round magazine.

Back
Top Bottom