Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

Only gun I regret buying and luckily didn't pay Massachusetts premium for was the Hudson H9. Worked perfectly fine, and was worth trying out. It was definitely made fine. Just wasn't super special in the grand scheme of things for a $1,000 handgun. It would have been perfectly fine at the $700 range and would have kept it at that point. I'm glad I wasn't disillusioned by it. Also didn't lose any money which helps.
The regret isn't really high, just talk about a gun that's rather non-factor in a lot of ways.

Yup....my regret: Llama Omni 9mm! :(
I had to google that one. It looks like let's take a 1911 and a S&W model 59XX then take all the things that make them nice away.
#1 Renato Gamba Mauser Hsc clone

Too many tied for second to list.
Were they badly made or just overpriced? The originals aren't all that expensive is why I ask.

Arsenal AK... terrible finish. Almost if someone applied the finish un prepped on the most humid day 3 days ago and the finish was not cured.

S&W Governor. Quite impractical, but big, chunky and snappy.

No real regrets, but:

An NAA 22lr revolver and a High Standard derringer. Now that i own them it’s sorta meh.

German made Interarms SS PPK/s. I need bandaids and a blood transfusion after a range trip. It has been totally reliable though. Summer carry T shirt and cargo shorts pocket gun.

Mossberg 500
American Deringer 45/410 - think thats what it was called
Was $70 new with a neat useless pocket holster.
Pos! If it went off at all when you pulled the trigger !?!

hi point 9mm carbine.
Your full of shit, everyone loves those POS.
Several of my friends bought those because cheap. 90% of them always have problems with guns....not so with the high point. Im not a fan of the gun myself but really they are the Lee Reloading gear of the firearm world. Theres really nothing out there for that price that just shoots and shoots

A "customized" stainless officer's model .45 that was a hack job that never ran right and I was young and impatient so I got rid of it. Late 80s.

An early Colt stainless government that also wouldn't feed well. Around same time.

1.) Ruger Super Blackhawk 45 Colt/45 ACP.
(Sent back to factory 4 times then sold at a loss)
2.) Two different Ruger SR9cs, light primer strikes on several different types of ammo.

*Honorable mention to the new super blackhawk Bisley I just sold for shooting 6" High even after a return to the factory.

I won't buy a Ruger made after about 2004 any more....

Others have mentioned it, the Interarms Walter PPK/s in .380. Yeah, "Bond, James Bond". Bought one in the early 80's as a carry gun, but it was never reliable. Would cycle fine but way too often would light strike.

Star Fire in .40. Something about the shape of the frame. I've got a messed up thumb from a bike wreck, and the recoil from that gun just hammered the hell out of my thumb. It was painful to shoot. I gave it to a friend.

Your full of shit, everyone loves those POS.
Several of my friends bought those because cheap. 90% of them always have problems with guns....not so with the high point. Im not a fan of the gun myself but really they are the Lee Reloading gear of the firearm world. Theres really nothing out there for that price that just shoots and shoots
It functioned/shot fine but I lost interest in the heavy mushy trigger and ugly appearance[laugh]
But it does get the job done for someone on a tight budget.

It functioned/shot fine but I lost interest in the heavy mushy trigger and ugly appearance[laugh]
But it does get the job done for someone on a tight budget.

The trigger is "amazing", isn't it? I also like how the heavy bolt slams into the back of its range of motion and transmits that energy right into my cheek bone. I love the smell of 9mm in the morning, and most 9mm carbines I've shot don't come close to providing as much as this one does through the cutout for the charging handle. I can't remember precisely, but I think mine is also blessed with about 8 moa accuracy at 50 yards. It's so rugged and reliable that re-crowning the barrel didn't diminish that at all. "Love" doesn't even begin to describe how much I like this gun.

Colt series 80 that someone tinkered with... installed a ramped barrel into it and it never worked reliably. Didn’t do my homework before buying. Also a P320 with a funky trigger that I didn’t like. Got rid of both

Hmmm. Not too many; I sell most of the ones I dislike, at which point I stop disliking them; the exception was my Glock 21, which I owned for 12 years and NEVER bonded with. I bought it because it was the nineties and all the cool kids had Glocks, but it wasn’t for me. Polymer. Meh. I still regret it.

And a Remington model 51. Not the “R51” crap; an actual model 51 from the 20s. Sleek, beautifully made, reliable, outstanding ergonomics... but I never did bond with that one either.

Still got that one, though. Hope springs eternal.

No real regrets, but:

An NAA 22lr revolver and a High Standard derringer. Now that i own them it’s sorta meh.
The High Standard derringer is fairly unique when it comes to derringers as it's a DA trigger, not single, so out of all the derringers out there, it's probably the only one with any practical defensive use potential. The Bond Arms look nice, they're well made, but they are pure novelty guns. With the self defense .22 Mag ammo available now, the Hi Standard derringers are probably way more useful now than ever before, but if I could have a choice, I'd rather have one in .32 Mag.

The NAA revolvers... they ride a fine line between novelty and useful; I lean more towards the useful just for the small size and lightweight alone. That said, the $500 top break Ranger that can open when cocking the hammer under stress is a no go for me, I'd rather buy two of the standard NAA's that have a stronger design and cost $100 less than 1 Ranger.

Honestly don't regret any firearms I have bought. I do have many I bought, decided I didn't like and sold but none that I regret.

The High Standard derringer is fairly unique when it comes to derringers as it's a DA trigger, not single, so out of all the derringers out there, it's probably the only one with any practical defensive use potential. The Bond Arms look nice, they're well made, but they are pure novelty guns. With the self defense .22 Mag ammo available now, the Hi Standard derringers are probably way more useful now than ever before, but if I could have a choice, I'd rather have one in .32 Mag.

The NAA revolvers... they ride a fine line between novelty and useful; I lean more towards the useful just for the small size and lightweight alone. That said, the $500 top break Ranger that can open when cocking the hammer under stress is a no go for me, I'd rather buy two of the standard NAA's that have a stronger design and cost $100 less than 1 Ranger.

Your comments are so true! I have always seem the H S Derringer as a last, "end of life resort",when I'm overwhelmed but still have the ability to reach into my pocket, perhaps while in bodily contact, and put 2 rounds of Stingers somewhere into his/ her body. It is so compact, with no exposed hammer, that it will work as long as I can pull the trigger. The NAA revolver I can also load with Stingers and forget that's it in my pocket. However in an SHTF attack situation, I've got to have time / space to cock the hammer and pull the trigger. 4 rounds over 2 though.

Ruger Scout rifle, the bolt tended to lock up when cycling it if you didn't push it in straight.
Ruger LCP 9mm, trigger was awful and the firing pin scraped brass shavings off the primer that got stuck in the firing
pin channel.

I (try) shoot everything I buy and won’t sell any gun even if I hate it. When I was new to shooting, made 2 instant remorse buys.

1.Taurus PT25 - old model steel frame. Aside from being a Taurus I at least wish it was a 22LR

2. Iver Johnson young America Bulldog snub 32. Guy at gun shop even threw in a box of 32 ACP. Turns out it’s 32 rimfire. Same guy that told me I can shoot slugs from my H&R full choke barrel. Realized I needed to start learning and stop buying, and just because they work at a gun shop says nothing about their subject matter knowledge. It’s my only paper weight because no ammo available. Won’t sell because I currently rent a piece of the original Iver Johnson buildings in Fitchburg and I’m a history buff.

I'd have to say the first one is Sig P239, the first gun I bought back in 2001. I only bought it because my friend who was getting me into guns insisted that's the one I had to get. The extra firepower of the .40 was absolutely necessary, according to him, and that single/double action trigger thing was just totally awesome. However, this turned out to be a terrible gun for a beginner and messed me up for the first few years because I couldn't figure out how to shoot it even slightly accurately. I managed to recover well from the harm caused by this gun by buying a Ruger MKIII and putting thousands of rounds through it, then using a different 9mm pistol. Fortunately, I was able to sell it for the same price I got it for.

The second would be S&W MP9 with its 20 pound trigger pull. Greg Derr did great work on it and made it suck a whole lot less, and I can shoot accurately with it since his work, but I still don't like it. All my other pistols still have a trigger that's much more sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom