Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

Para Ordinance LTC. Such a pice of crap. Locked up with a live round first time out. Demanded a refund and after a few rounds with the FFL got a credit.

M&P 15-T. Ok gun. But paid WAY to much during the Obama scare. Not worth the price, should have built one for way less.

Live and learn.

Para Ordinance LTC. Such a pice of crap. Locked up with a live round first time out. Demanded a refund and after a few rounds with the FFL got a credit.

Speaking of Para.... I'm surprised that nobody in this thread has said "Para Warthog". Probably one of the worst guns ever manufactured in modern history....

Maybe they're more embarrassed than us former AMT Back-Up owners.... [rofl]

-Mike

If you look at my NES history, I’ve been an anti Para crusader. Lol.

Ironically I wanted a Warhog but the got the LTC.

I’ve told all my “cheap” shooting friends to suck it up and buy once, cry once.

And I’d actually buy an AMT backup just for the novelty.

I have a Jennings J22 I bought new (for $55) a POS. But I knew that so it’s not one of the two on my list.

You get what you pay for.

And a Phoenix arms 22 has a life time guarantee and they fixed it for free every time it broke but it broke every time you shot it.

View attachment 280908

We bought 5 of these on a group buy for $75.00 each, one of my friends still has his. The good news is for $75.00 you could throw it away and still not care.

I tend not to have regrets when it comes to guns...I like to shoot them all! There are ones that I buy that I end up not shooting as much or not liking as much ash the cash needed to buy the next one.

Except for one...the stripped lower I traded straight out for a high point carbine. Thought at the time that I was getting a heck of a deal since I had just paid $80 for it a couple of months before. If I had only known how far the crazy would go! And the high point was converted to cash cuz the damn thing sucker punched me in the cheekbone every time I shot it. But I’m still glad I got the chance to.

Ditto with the biggest POS I ever owned. An Astra A75. Fell in love with a Tanfoglio Witness at the LGS, but was planning my wedding, and by the time I figured out if I could afford it, someone else snatched it up. I used the money to buy the Astra, and couldn’t get it to reliably cycle to save my life...plus it was a boat anchor.

A couple years ago, I picked up one of those 90s Witnesses though...I’m never leaving her!

Another vote for Walther PPK. Had to buy one due to the mystique. Real piece of crap. Sold.
Me too. I wanted one since I was a kid. Finally bought one and hated everything about it. Way too heavy, every edge was sharp as a steak knife, recoiled like a 50 cal, possibly the worst trigger I've ever pulled, etc. And mine was a Walther made in Germany. Supposedly the cream of the crop.

Me too. I wanted one since I was a kid. Finally bought one and hated everything about it. Way too heavy, every edge was sharp as a steak knife, recoiled like a 50 cal, possibly the worst trigger I've ever pulled, etc. And mine was a Walther made in Germany. Supposedly the cream of the crop.

.380 or .32?

Raven P25 - shot it once and broke the firing pin. Ended up trading it here on NES for a Manny Ramirez World Series jersey.

Think I got the better end of the deal [thumbsup]

Here’s my two. I know you won’t agree but I don’t care, it’s my list.
Bought a Garand because it was a Garand. Don’t like it.
O/U Italian shotgun because it looked nice. Turns out I can’t shoot an O/U for beans.

It's pretty obvious, it's chambered in .40. The guns themselves are just fine, but the cartridge sucks.

I owned a G22 Gen4. Well built. Reliable. However, like shooting a mechanical bull, good luck keeping your support hand on the gun if you don't have an oven mitt for a hand. It was the last .40 I owned. Out of all the .40 handguns I had, I only tended to shoot the HKs and Sig P229s well, despite the arguably far worse
bore axis, I could actually crush grip those things and keep my support hand on them better.

Honestly a G20 with full power 10mm is easier for me to deal with than that thing was. I think it's just from the lack of slide mass.

Signed, a guy who used to own like a half dozen or more .40 SW handguns and now has none of them. (I don't really see what the point is anymore, outside of being a cheap cartridge for guns running in USPSA limited).

-Mike
The recoil is stout in the 27, but in the 35 I find it to be fine and I think in the Gen 4's it's lessened due to the dual recoil spring. Ammo price is a reason it's still not a bad choice and you can get a 50 round box of bonded JHP for $22. Cheap 9mm JHP works too, but they're not as good a bullet as what the cheap .40 bonded JHP uses.

With the Glocks, buying a cheap used police trade in .40 and a 9mm drop in barrel is an option. That's what I did with mine. The Glock barrels are overrated IMO and even Glock appears to be dropping them in favor of standard rifling in the Gen 5.

Which means that the barrels used before were not "perfection." :eek:

Haven't tried 10mm, but am planning to buy the G40 w/ 6 inch barrel. I figure with the pressures the extra barrel length will do the 10mm good.

Mossburg Silver Reserve 12 gauge, the barrels were poorly regulated. The top barrel shot straight, the bottom barrel shot 2" low and 2" left at 25 yards

Walther PPK/S - piece of #$%!#$%, like another user said...would only fire the first round, wouldn't feed regardless of magazines.
I bought a German PPK/s .380 back ~1978, imported by Interarms. Worked well every time even with reloads.

I had a dealer refuse to sell me a US made SS PPK/s because I had wanted it as an "investment" piece and he told me that they weren't that good and likely wouldn't really increase in value.

Anything in .40 (G22, Shield 40) Only real POS gun I ever bought was a Sig Mosquito only thing it would cycle reliable was Winchester SUper X Hyper velocity. Called Sig twice and they said that after it had been broken in it should fire any high velocity 22. After 500 rounds it still would even fire CCI Stingers reliably. I did get screwed on a NES group buy of SKS's from CLassic Firearms but that was Classic's fault. SKS is a nice gun but Classic is a lying POS company.

Back when I could not buy Glock at a fair price....I’d say any Glock I ever bought fits the original question in this thread. Now that I have FFL I can buy them all day long but prefer guns with triggers that don’t feel like dragging a stick through gravel! Sure 10’000 rounds later or a $300 dollar trigger job will help, but I ain’t waiting and no Glock is worth $300 more...IMO

I have some remorse buying one or two older guns because I paid way way too much for them before I knew any better, a danger of being an inexperienced new LTC holder in MA. That being said those guns are still pretty sweet so no regrets there.
The only guns I regret are the ones I don't shoot or dont particularly enjoy shooting.
I bought a Sig P938 on a whim, and would be happy to have that money back. I have a couple p320 that I havent send for "upgrades" I might end up selling and getting a M17 or X-five.

Century Arms CETME.

Heavy, unreliable, hard to use safety, and 4 MOA to boot.

I can’t speak for new ones. This was purchased used back in the early 2000s.

I tried to get a Grendel (Predecessor to Keltec) P30 to run for 6 months before I threw my hands up and sold it. Jam FTF FTE jam jam jam POS
American Derringer model 4 Alaskan in .45-70 over .410. Trigger felt like it was 50 lbs and it was almost impossible to tell if/when it would break, making the anticipation of the heavy recoil almost traumatizing. For some reason I keep my model 1 in 44 mag though............
Thinking that I'm immune to recoil after firing the aforementioned, I bought a .460 es S&W with a 2.5 inch barrel. I shot 3 of 5 rounds, unloaded the other 2 and auctioned it off to someone waaay tougher than me.

S&W 4013TSW. Horrible ergonomics. Couple that with a holster that was so tight it ripped my belt loops off.

Remington 700PDM. Great rifle, but I traded a cherry condition Colt AR15 HBar for it.

and I forgot the Interarms version of the Walther TPH- what a POS. I have a German one that runs like a top... Interarms TPH would not fire double action- only fix was to add epoxy to the back of the grip to add pressure to the trigger arm- no thanks, sold. Anyone wanting a TPH- spend the money on the German one.

No big regrets, but if I had to pick something the only gun is an Ithaca Model 66 12 gauge. Man, can that thing leave "raspberries" after shooting several rounds. Still have it, why I don't know.

Ruger Red Label Sporting Clays - Bought new, my seventh Ruger, fit me well, good looking thing. One barrel wouldn't fire. After it made 4 trips back to Ruger (3 to fix the no fire and one to fix the floppy fore end created while fixing the no fire) I was burnt out on it, Ruger, customer service reps and manufacturer technicians. 15 years later I was able to convince myself to buy another Ruger, which shot fine. It's a shame, really. Even when only one barrel worked the Red Label shot well.

Walther P22 - an early one. Had every issue that the P22 was infamous for. After I got it mostly working, I realized I hated the sight of it and sold it. It's only redeeming feature was that it made the Sig Mosquito I replaced it with look good.

Ruger GP100 - Thought I wanted a revolver and went with this gun. Nothing wrong with it, solidly built gun. Reliable accurate etc. just not fun at all to shoot. And if all else failed I could use it to club someone to death.

S&W BG380 - As someone else mentioned with all the compact 9’s that are out now it just doesn’t seem to have a place. Also not fun to shoot (obviously) and I didn’t trust it for carry so what’s the point?

Honorable mention. My mom has a Walther P22 probably the most finicky picky .22 I have ever shot. If you were lucky enough to find ammo it liked (usually CCI) it was a miracle if you shot 50 rounds without some sort of malfunction. She still owns it but it never gets used.

Ruger LCR 38. Every review I saw said it was awesome... even small framed women claimed to like it, but it killed my hand even with 110 gr light loads. I can shoot 50 rounds of 125 gr +p through my charter UC lite with no problem.
Sig Mosquito... a jam-o-matic with every ammo I've tried.
Savage 64GXP... another jam-o-matic if I put more than 8 rounds in the 10 round mags.

Saw a few complaints about the Rossi R92... no issues. Love mine, just have to rack it like you mean it with 38s

Back
Top Bottom