Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

BONESTOCK

NES Member
Some of us here have been doing this hobby for many years and many here may be relatively new to it. Just thought it would be interesting to ask some of you what your biggest gun buying mistakes were.
For me, I remember way back when I was very new to guns I made at least 2 horrible purchases.
1) Colt Double Eagle.
2) Rossi .357

Anyway, for what it's worth I thought it would be fun to relive where we all came from while we learned.

First generation Walther PPS with the 10lbs MA trigger and a Glock 22 Detroit police trade in for $600. Mistakes made early on and lessons learned!

Walther-PPS-Pistol-9mm.jpg

7e9debc14abfd842b78bd0f5bbbf91ca.jpg

Almost forgot about the beard ripping issue.
I had this happen once during one of the only times I ever had a beard.
Very hard to explain the teary eyes while trying to stay cool when this happens.

They make bolt tube covers that correct the beard issue. I just put one on one of mine the other day.

I regret buying a Sub2k with the G19 grip but I swapped the grip to the multi mag and it was fine.

1) Remington R1. I really, really wanted a mil-spec 1911. Turned out to be a complete POS from yesteryear. I sold it, got a Glock, and ever looked back.
2) Glock 22 (no, not the same Glock I got after that 1911). Why, oh why, did I get a .40?? Nothing wrong with the gun itself but it added a new caliber that offered nothing over my other calibers, for no reason whatsoever. Sold it to finance a 21 in .45acp and still very happy with that one.

I don’t regret any of the guns I bought but I do regret the caliber I bought my first one, a full size M&P40. I then compounded it buy buying a Sub2000, also in fotay. And then another. Would be perfectly happy if I bought those in 9mm instead of .40. I did get a 9mm drop in barrel for the M&P but still have the Subs in 40. Love the subs but wish they were 9mm

<edit> Now that I have the Sig P365 I wish I never bought the P938, will unload that one when I get off my ass and list it.

1.) PMR30 ...it's never, ever fed a full mag right.
2.) M&P15 bought at 4 seasons. Not because I don't like it, but because it was FULL RETARD obamascare priced at 2x+ retail with some magpul furniture on it.
3.) honorable mention to Ruger LC-9. I know the 9S is better, but the original 9 has a lousy trigger, and pistols in it's size are much better covered by others

Here is the real tough part.
Now that so many of us have learned, I know we have all had to stand by at least once at our favorite LGS and watch while someone else makes the same Damn mistake.
Oh! It is painful but I keep my mouth shut even though deep inside my head I am screaming NO! Don't do it......just spend 5 minutes on the internet and you won't make that mistake!

Very surprised.
Nobody has listed a Lorcin, or keltec, or Davis industries Deringer made from die cast pot metal. LOL

A ruger sr1911: awesome gun had no issues. Just felt like I was settling. Always wanted a SA operator 1911.

Cz p10c : this pistol shoots great, but I bought it with the hype saying it’s a Glock killer and it wasn’t.

Here is the real tough part.
Now that so many of us have learned, I know we have all had to stand by at least once at our favorite LGS and watch while someone else makes the same Damn mistake.
Oh! It is painful but I keep my mouth shut even though deep inside my head I am screaming NO! Don't do it......just spend 5 minutes on the internet and you won't make that mistake!

Lol, plenty of mistakes are made after researching online - even here. It seems like the bad decisions usually revolve around the first purchase, or the first purchase of a particular style of gun they didn’t have before. I chuckle now when I see people trying that perfect gun for home pro, carry and the range. The only thing you hope is that they don’t drop a grand plus on the gun, everyone needs to make a $400-$500 purchase for the perfect gun, at least then they should have a few bucks left over for the next one.

Care to elaborate? I've always thought they were interesting and I've considered buying one.
I’m sure there are plenty that were great and I really wanted to like it I bought one for around $275 at a time and every other round would not fire and then after fixing that issue every other round would not eject found a machine shop that made an extractor for me Since trying 2 I bought still had issues, springs Etc .... just wouldn’t run
Like I said I’m sure people have good luck with but it’s just one that I got rid of quick after having it apart many times. I bought it because a buddy of mine has one in his runs great
I’d still like to buy one one day but would need to fire it first

only had one...
- an interarms walther ppk/s .380. wouldn't feed reliably no way, no how with any ammo. and wouldn't you know it, the only time i thought i needed a gun for self defense, that was the one i had with me. long story, but i knew i could only count on the one in the chamber for my big bang cause i was 100% sure it would jam while feeding the next round. couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

A ruger sr1911: awesome gun had no issues. Just felt like I was settling. Always wanted a SA operator 1911.

Cz p10c : this pistol shoots great, but I bought it with the hype saying it’s a Glock killer and it wasn’t.

Yeah, if I had to do it again I’d buy a better 1911 than the Smith E Series even though I have no complaints with it and rarely shoot it anyway.

Yeah, if I had to do it again I’d buy a better 1911 than the Smith E Series even though I have no complaints with it and rarely shoot it anyway.

I will admit I think I can live with a E series purchase. Awesome gun especially the performance center version.

Ruger LC9 - it shaved off brass from the primers and shoved it in the firing pin slot. Plus awful trigger pull. Maybe they fixed that with the
newer model, but it really sucked.

keltec pf9 -- life's too short for this

1981: A Raven .25ACP

1982: Rossi .38 special J frame knock off 3" barrel

There are others I got and got rid of because I didn't need them anymore.. a Keltec .380, a S&W M&P 9, a Sig P225...

Back
Top Bottom