Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

The only one I regret is the Tokarev, mainly because it was one with the safety that locks the slide, and where it was positioned it would dig into the webbing on my hand as a lefty. It was added to comply with import laws. I did not feel like putting the effort in to remove it and plug the hole.

I blew up some water jugs with it, but only fired around 50 rounds out of it. In the end I sold it for only $10 less than I paid for it (although I basically ate shipping costs).

The first gun I've ever sold, only two in total. The other gun I sold was my Glock 19, but I do not regret buying it.

AK pistol. Useless aside from turning money into noise. Got it because it was "cool". To big to really be a pistol, no stock and awkward to hold up and try to shoot it as a rifle, it would be good to maybe spray and pray in the confines of perhaps a bathroom lol

AK pistol. Useless aside from turning money into noise. Got it because it was "cool". To big to really be a pistol, no stock and awkward to hold up and try to shoot it as a rifle, it would be good to maybe spray and pray in the confines of perhaps a bathroom lol

pistol brace yo... well, at least until they change their mind again.

The only one I regret is the Tokarev, mainly because it was one with the safety that locks the slide, and where it was positioned it would dig into the webbing on my hand as a lefty. It was added to comply with import laws. I did not feel like putting the effort in to remove it and plug the hole.

I blew up some water jugs with it, but only fired around 50 rounds out of it. In the end I sold it for only $10 less than I paid for it (although I basically ate shipping costs).

The first gun I've ever sold, only two in total. The other gun I sold was my Glock 19, but I do not regret buying it.
I love shooting my Tok but I'm a righty. I can see where it wouldn't be as enjoyable being a lefty.

I love shooting my Tok but I'm a righty. I can see where it wouldn't be as enjoyable being a lefty.
I mean, for me it's kind of a stretch to even call it "regret" or something that strong. It was my first C&R handgun, it ran for those 50-100 rounds fine, just wasn't pleasant for me to shoot, and I recouped nearly all my money and hopefully it went to someone who will enjoy it more.

Regret would really be like getting super hyped over something and it being a jam-o-matic or something. I didn't really have any expectations for the Tok, and at least I can check one off the list.

Still trying to figure out precisely what will replace the G19--was planning CZ PCR, but I haven't committed to it yet and I don't feel the need to rush into a decision.

I've made two additional bad buys since my post when this thread came out.
  1. SiCo Maxim 9 - Loud, only runs when spotless and a trigger that would make a Mass resident cringe.
  2. KelTec PMR30 - Not a single mag without a feeding issue.
They probably won't be my last bad decisions but they're my latest.

I bought a keltec ksg on a whim and it was a bunged up nightmare of a gun that never functioned correctly with a burr left inside of it that cut into shotshells
second was not a gun but a trigger for a gun
I spent almost $300 on a elftmann trigger set it had a 10% failure rate sent it back, came back and ran away for a full magazine, sent it back, it worked for a morning and then went back to 10% failure rate again. got fed up and chucked it in a box under the workbench

I've made two additional bad buys since my post when this thread came out.
  1. SiCo Maxim 9 - Loud, only runs when spotless and a trigger that would make a Mass resident cringe.
  2. KelTec PMR30 - Not a single mag without a feeding issue.
They probably won't be my last bad decisions but they're my latest.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a Maxim 9.

Only one gun I "regret" buying. Last weekend I fell into a Browning new model a5 hunter for $465. Was a mis marked price tag at ktp and they honored the price. The gun runs great no issues at all.....looks amazing.....points beautifully so far in the trap range. The thing so far seems to be a gem of a hunting/clay shooting shotgun.

The reason I regret the purchase.....I want to take it hare hunting in a few weeks and would have to leave my old model Browning auto 5 (which has been my old standby for years) behind.

:(

the original Ruger LCP 9mm .. the trigger sucked and the firing pin channel got full of brass shaved off the primers and would not fire. Would have been a disaster in a situation
where you actually needed it to work. Sent to Ruger, they didn't fix it. piece of junk.

and, before I knew better, a "Universal" brand m1 carbine. It didn't malfunction, but it was just a cheesily made knockoff of the real thing.

I'll also throw in the sub2k as well, not fun to shoot due to needing a weird cheek position to use the sights.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a Maxim 9.

Its been back to SiCo twice and it doesn’t run noticeably better. When it’s spotless clean it cycles a few mags then the feeding issues start. I thought it would be fun to goof around with but it’s so temperamental I rarely bust it out.

Only one gun I "regret" buying. Last weekend I fell into a Browning new model a5 hunter for $465. Was a mis marked price tag at ktp and they honored the price. The gun runs great no issues at all.....looks amazing.....points beautifully so far in the trap range. The thing so far seems to be a gem of a hunting/clay shooting shotgun.

The reason I regret the purchase.....I want to take it hare hunting in a few weeks and would have to leave my old model Browning auto 5 (which has been my old standby for years) behind.

:(

Akimbo?

Last edited:
I have a weird answer here that didn't dawn on me until I went to answer this. Both guns I regret buying were 2 guns I had owned once before and sold to get money for something I "wanted more" at the time.

First was my second LCP 2. First one I owned was mint. Zero issues. Second one had a bunch of lame issues.

Second was my, yet again, second wasr-10. First one I owned was totally flawless. No cant no poor riveting etc. Second one I bought fed exactly 4 rounds and then the next round a piece of the casing severed off and got stuck real bad inside the barrel. Pryed it out (not easily), very next round same thing. A little piece, a perfect circle. Weirdest issue I've ever seen. Still don't know wtf that was.

7 or 8 years I regretted buying a Remington 700 that I then sold and now I regret the sale.

The 700 was so good, it was boring. At the time I only had access to a 200 yard range. Joining Reading was almost impossible and I didnt know Granby existed.

So, because I couldnt practice long range and short range was getting boring, I sold it.

Now I am a member at Granby and Reading and I am shopping for a 700 action to build a rifle.

Probably a 9mm Hi Point Carbine. It was accurate , just had nothing else for me and I never used it, so I sold it.
and a Beretta 92 Inox. I have a 92 compact L now and I love it.
I thought about selling my Hi Point, but it is so cheap, instead it only leaves the safe when I take noobs to the range and I figured, maybe, one day when I am old and angry, that gun will be an antique and will be worth more. Or maybe I will throw it away then.

Para Ordnance P12
also had a bad Kahr that ejected every 3rd round into my forehead. 3 trips to Kahr to sort it, and they wouldn’t let me drive it down to them. The first time they did almost nothing and sent it back. They obviously didn’t test fire it. Had 3 other people shoot it that had the same results.

Last edited:
Back in the 80s when I first started buying handguns I had three Taurus guns. 2 revolvers and a .22 semi. All three broke and we're sent to Taurus for repair twice each. That's 6 trips to Taurus and back. Then they each broke again. Revolvers were always out of time and the rebound slide spring broke on one. The firing pin broke on the semi twice and the magazine self destructed when floor plate fell off and the spring shot into orbit.
I was in my early twenties when I bought them and it didn't occur to me at the time that buying bargain basement handguns is like buying bargain basement parachutes or scuba regulators. If you can't afford good quality gear with tried and true reputations, just save up until you can.

Haven’t bought it yet but I have a feeling it will make the list. Century C308. Because of second cool and I don’t want to spend for PTR, Zenith or Maclomar. Trying to just convince myself go M1A and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom