• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

Can't say I wish I never bought it because its one of my favorite guns to shoot now. I bought a SIG 556R and the thing was junk, parts would fall off while shooting and it was so inaccurate. I sent it back to SIG and I'm pretty sure they sent a totally new rifle back. Its accurate for an 7.62 x 39 and its a riot to shoot.

Couple have people have mentioned the Sig Mosquito. I bought a used one with a lot of misgivings because I'd heard so many bad things about it but my wife insisted that she wanted it. It runs fine on .22 LR designed for "tactical AR" or some such crap. I have a stockpile of the ammo. She's since moved up to a P238, P232 and P320; hasn't shot that one in ages, but it sits in the safe because it's hers.

The ones I regret are the Ruger SP101 revolver in .22 - it has an AWFUL double action pull and a Walther PPK/S by Interarms that I got rid of years ago. It would not reliably fire, which made it useless as a carry gun.

92FS. It’s ok, but I thought it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I still have it because it’s an iconic gun, but I never shoot it.

I knew there was something I was forgetting, my RAS47 American made AK.

First I bought the hype, then I bought the gun, then the shitstorm about the improperly heat treated / soft metal parts deforming and other parts breaking hit. Luckily I still hadn’t shot it so I sold it as new and even with the consignment fee, broke even. It even sold the same day I brought it in.

So I can’t say I loved it or hated it but I can say I regret buying it.

SIG P238. Had to have one, $550 later I had one...crappy trigger pull, trigger pivots, unlike the 1911 and pinches my finger. Also, the safety does not engage the slide, so holstering it in a tight holster starts racking the slide. Going to get rid of it.

How old is your P238? When the safety is up on mine, the slide doesn’t move back.

So far:
-S&W 45c: This was before the shield .45 existed and when XD's were a rare find and way too expensive.
-FNS 9c: Wanted an FNH handgun really bad so I sprung for this. Very underwhelmed with its fit and finish.

It’s funny what some people have problems with I have a Taurus, Rossi,
and Remington 742 in 30-06 also a noble shotgun all work great and shoot well.
I also forgot to mention a Rohm 22 I bought before I knew any better

First two that come to mind

Marlin lever rifle in 44 mag. It was used when I bought it. (I wanted a rifle / revolver combo in same cartridge.) At 100 yards my S&W 629 was way more accurate. My third range trip guy asked me if he could try it. Shortly afterwards he offered to buy it for just more than I paid. Gone. I only owned it for 15 days.

Dan Wesson in 357 Super Mag. Don’t know why I still have it. Killed a few deer with it.

OMC Backup .380 - terrible 15+# trigger pull (this was in the 1970s) and internal safety broke one day as well.

S&W I think it was designated SD40 (original model) - terrible trigger and OOB fired 2 mags and then 5 parts internal to the gun broke. S&W fixed it and then I sold it.

How old is your P238? When the safety is up on mine, the slide doesn’t move back.
3 or 4 years I believe. Even though it's loosely based on a 1911 design, the safety does not extend up to catch the slide like a 1911. I've heard that some people like to be able to rack the slide with the safety on, not me. I've actually pulled it out of the holster and found a round almost ejected.

The only gun I ever regretted buying was a ruger lcp. Worst trigger ever, and half of the 50 rounds I tried to shoot with it didn't go bang.

Same here on the Ruger LCP. Trigger was real bad and it had that retarded red pop-up loaded chamber indicator.

Hi-Point 9mm carbine. The damn thing will not hold half the magazines even though they are all from Hi-point. Also the whole cheek slapping issue.

S&W Bodyguard.380 - Thought it would be a cool little pocket gun but the trigger was so bad, and the gun so small, I never shot it well enough at the range to be confident enough to carry.

Glock 22 police trade - Big, clunky 40cal. I shoot mid size frames much better.

Remington 870 Express - Purchased from Flint Armament. Kind of my own fault for not researching. Was looking for a shotgun for turkey/deer and recreational shooting. Employee told me I could swap barrels on it but this model has the barrel ring in a different location. As far as I could find there are no replacement barrels for it so I’m stuck with the 18” that does not allow chokes.

A few of the above mentioned for the same reasons,

And a s&w 41. Target
Reason : I could shoot the same scores with my old ruger Mach 1 tapered barrel.

Not a purchase regret, but a build regret. The first AR I built was right after Newtown, and it cost me twice as much as it should have.

The xD .40 service pistol I have sees more time with the 9mm match drop in barrel than the barrel it came with.

I have a Taurus 709 slim and love it honestly.

Only regret is my M&P 2.0 9mm with mass trigger... should've went with a VP9. Hoping getting an Apex trigger will help out

You get what you pay for.

2 crappy hundred dollar guns.

The Jennings 25 auto wouldn't trust this gun if I had to defend my self from a dust bunny.
Jennings J-25.jpg
And a Phoenix arms 22 has a life time guarantee and they fixed it for free every time it broke but it broke every time you shot it.

411549213.jpg

Back
Top Bottom