• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top 2 guns you wish you NEVER bought?

I will admit I think I can live with a E series purchase.
i'm sure a dog is let loose once in a while. but i agree, i picked up one on an impulse buy at 4 seasons several years ago and never regretted it. i had just picked up the colt xse i was hot for a few days before, but my e series seems to get more use. funny how things turn out.

1. A Ruger SR45. Years ago a now defunct shop local to me was selling new glocks. I saved up some money and drove down to buy a G19. He didn’t have any 9mm or .45 glocks in stock but he had a used SR45 on the rack for $385. WOW! Bought it and it was very meh for the 12 months I owned it. Sold it for a loss and bought the Glock I wanted in the first place.

2. Remington 870 Express. Wanted a cool tactical shotgun when I didn’t know any better so I went to dicks with a Christmas gift card and picked one up. It would occasionally lock up solid and I would have to bang the stock horizontally on the bench to work the slide. Traded it for a Norinco SKS which was objectively alright, but wound up getting sold to fund other stuff.

3. Honorable mention: Anderson lowers. Not because they’re bad, but because I was a full on poor when they were cheap and available. Would have had so many more if circumstances were just a bit different.

I had a Rossi .357 that was quite the POS too. I think that’s the only one I truly regretted though. I’ve been pretty lucky otherwise.

P22 good lord I hated that thing.

Pretty much any m&p series gun.

I have them for about 2 weeks lol.
I’ll second the P22: I think I repressed that memory.

I had a chance to buy that or a Taurus 94. I chose the P22 because it was “tactical” looking. Not sure the Taurus would have been a lot better but it’s hard to believe I’d have gotten rid of a .22 revolver.

I’ll second the P22: I think I repressed that memory.

I had a chance to buy that or a Taurus 94. I chose the P22 because it was “tactical” looking. Not sure the Taurus would have been a lot better but it’s hard to believe I’d have gotten rid of a .22 revolver.
I love my P22QD

Well I feel better because I've seen both of these already mentioned on here.

M&P 40- don't like the gun, trigger, or caliber. It's a three time winner!

PPK/S the double action trigger is about 50lb and somehow they managed to make a heavy steel 380 more uncomfortable to shoot than a anything else I've experienced. A truely amazing feat of ergonomic design!

Mossberg Scout MVP in 5.56. Bought for AR compatability. Why not just build another AR, they said? They were right.

The firing pin never hit the primer hard enough to fire, even after cleaning it thoroughly. Haven't sent it back to them yet though...

Taurus 357 that wouldn’t kid 357’s no matter how hard I cleaned the culinder.

2 CZ-52’s. They were cheap and C&R. Dumb.

Seecamp 32acp and Sig p238....very well made guns but calibers easily surpassed by 9mm by other guns with similar form factor.

Wayback when Beretta 92 came out Taurus did their version. Trigger like putting your finger in a grinder and fit and finish only a Brazilian gang banger could love.
Immediate trade for S&W 686.

Sig mosquito. Two trips back to the factory, tried EVERY flavor of 22 from cheap Golden bullets to lead to stingers to changing springs to polishing feed ramp, never not once could I empty a mag. Traded it for a Charles Daly semi-auto 12ga that sucked too. Traded that for my wedding shotguns. THEY work.

EAA Tanfoglio 22mag bullpup. Neat gun, same problem as the Mosquito. Except EAA wouldn't warranty it, wouldn't even let me send it for repairs without a non-refundable "Service Fee". Traded it towards my Henry Big Boy Carbine in 38/357. Got about half what I paid, worth every penny to get the Henry

Oh man!!! The AP-74. I still have mine and had the feed problems big time also. It was all in the magazine feed lips. It took some tweaking but they worked fine after that. The other gotcha was the barrel loosening up while shooting. That was solved with some locktite on the threads. Again, once the bugs were worked out, it was a fun gun to shoot. I never got any extra mags and you probably can't find them now.
Jager AP-74 (AR knock off in 22lr). It was a jam-o-matic.
Raven 25

Greg

The only gun I ever regretted buying was a ruger lcp. Worst trigger ever, and half of the 50 rounds I tried to shoot with it didn't go bang.

Taurus PT92. Couldn't get on paper at 25'. moved up to 10....and still couldn't get it on paper! Sent it back, they rebarreled it and I dumped it asap.!

SIG P238. Had to have one, $550 later I had one...crappy trigger pull, trigger pivots, unlike the 1911 and pinches my finger. Also, the safety does not engage the slide, so holstering it in a tight holster starts racking the slide. Going to get rid of it.

As for the "I Hate Taurus" crowd, one of my favorite guns is a Taurus 669 357 in stainless, 6". I absolutely LOVE this wheelgun! Great sights and a fantastic trigger, would be the last gun I would get rid of.

taurus.JPG taurus.JPG

Noble Arms 20 gauge pump shotgun. My first gun for rabbit hunting ( I was 12 years old) This POS would go off for no reason. My Dad kept saying it was me until he took it. So the dogs were running a rabbit my Dad went to the edge of the swamp and we heard a BANG!. He came back with no gun and told me I didn't have to worry about that gun anymore. That summer bought a Browning A-5 light 20 and never looked back. (1964).I picked a whole lot of blueberries for that gun.
Desert Eagle in .44 mag. (1988) What a boat anchor.....crap trigger. Sure looks cool and had to have one. Has been sitting in the safe for a lot of years with 8 bullets from the original box of 50 I bought.

Back
Top Bottom