• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

took the wife to the range

Talked the wife into going to the range for the first time tonight. Couldn't get her to shoot handguns tonight, but she jumped all over the ar. Problem is, now she wants one, IN PINK!

I wouldn't call that a problem.

I find it amazing how people's perception of guns changes after a single range trip. I've taken two people. One decided shooting wasn't for him, but was a lot more comfortable with guns afterwards, the other moved out of state but promised he was getting his concealed carry permit where he was moving. Still trying to talk my sisters into going...

I find it amazing how people's perception of guns changes after a single range trip.

This. I've taken 3 non-shooters to the range, one is now a member of my gun club! One of the other two is English (they have basically no gun rights at all). But he had a good time at the range.

Some of the best money you will spend this year. Get some pink furniture for your current AR. Then spend some $$ on a new AR upgrade for you!! Win/win!!

Congrats on getting a new shooter to the range!!!

Talked the wife into going to the range for the first time tonight. Couldn't get her to shoot handguns tonight, but she jumped all over the ar. Problem is, now she wants one, IN PINK!

Go with it, the AR is a gateway drug, I mean gun. Once she has an AR, then it will be an OU for trap, then its a CC gun.

How have you guys who've been shooting forever/a while have wives who've never been to the range? I usually have too many people male and female harassing me to take them when they find out I shoot. Going to the range with my fiance is basically like walking the dog. Even the girliest of her friends have gone with us one time or another. How do you gun guys date and marry women who've somehow never made it to the range with you? Just curious.

To the OP, congrats I guess.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This is a horrible idea. The other day I brought home a new G19. Thirty seconds later, I am informed I will have to ask permission to borrow 'her new gun.'

How have you guys who've been shooting forever/a while have wives who've never been to the range? I usually have too many people male and female harassing me to take them when they find out I shoot. Going to the range with my fiance is basically like walking the dog. Even the girliest of her friends have gone with us one time or another. How do you gun guys date and marry women who've somehow never made it to the range with you? Just curious.

To the OP, congrats I guess.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mike, I have been married for 12 years, only been involved with guns since dec. 2011. Had never held one in my hands before then. My wife did not like the idea of me going for my ltc at first, but slowly warmed to the idea, although she had NO interest in ever touching them. Last week I talked her into going to the club, just to watch them shoot trap, she loved it, had a great time talking with all the guys there, in fact the instructor I took my class with was there and has her talked into taking the class. She also wants to go back to trap this week, and even wants to try it. So she has come a long way in a short time.

To the OP - congrats! Hope your wife decides to pursue her LTC soon

People are often afraid of the unknown. A range trip or two, participating or just watching, might make them feel more comfortable. My fiancé took me shooting in the woods over a year ago. I, like others, were "afraid" and hesitant, when he first mentioned guns to me but after a few rounds, I was hooked. I wondered why I never got into it before. I never had someone to show me the ropes, never came across my mind to shoot, let alone own my very own firearms. Not everyone was born with a Glock strapped to their hips, at least I wasn't [rofl]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking my wife to the range has made her far more relaxed about my shooting addiction. My daughter, who'd been indoctrinated against firearms at school, is now asking me for an AR and a pistol.

Also gratifying: I took 5 Japanese students to a recent open house at my club, where they saw, handled & shot firearms for the first time. They were still raving about it when they returned to Japan. I hope I've planted a seed.

Mike, I have been married for 12 years, only been involved with guns since dec. 2011. Had never held one in my hands before then. My wife did not like the idea of me going for my ltc at first, but slowly warmed to the idea, although she had NO interest in ever touching them. Last week I talked her into going to the club, just to watch them shoot trap, she loved it, had a great time talking with all the guys there, in fact the instructor I took my class with was there and has her talked into taking the class. She also wants to go back to trap this week, and even wants to try it. So she has come a long way in a short time.

Look out, Trap is adicting, it's just like the lays chip saying, you try it once and you can't stop. [wink]

I love to shoot trap, a few years back I was shooting it at least 4 days a week.

It will be a lot of fun for you and the wife, of course she will need her own gun, so take a trip to the gun store with her....... [thumbsup]

Taking my wife to the range has made her far more relaxed about my shooting addiction. My daughter, who'd been indoctrinated against firearms at school, is now asking me for an AR and a pistol.

Also gratifying: I took 5 Japanese students to a recent open house at my club, where they saw, handled & shot firearms for the first time. They were still raving about it when they returned to Japan. I hope I've planted a seed.

[thumbsup]

Excellent! Buy her the pink AR, then get yourself a nice pistol (which she can use, of course). [wink]

Always nice to see another "shooter" out there. Plus, when the SHTF or the Zombies attack, she can have your back! [smile]

I haven't had a single person shoot my AR and not have one of the next 5 sentences out of their mouths be "I need one of these."

When people actually do something themselves it completely removes any stigma they may have been exposed to and allows them to develop real independent feelings on said issue. Doing is always a more powerful influence than talking and it shouldn't be surprising when people see that something media and gov't tells them is evil and criminal is actually fun and safe that they change their outlook.

Keep taking as many people to the range as you can.

I haven't had a single person shoot my AR and not have one of the next 5 sentences out of their mouths be "I need one of these."

When people actually do something themselves it completely removes any stigma they may have been exposed to and allows them to develop real independent feelings on said issue. Doing is always a more powerful influence than talking and it shouldn't be surprising when people see that something media and gov't tells them is evil and criminal is actually fun and safe that they change their outlook.

Keep taking as many people to the range as you can.

Spot on! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom