• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took the wife to the range today

Although interested at first, once at the range she seemed a little intimidated by my SR9. I asked her a few times if she wanted to give it a try but once she looked uncomfortable I didn't want to force the issue. Next time we're going to bring her father's .22 rifle to see if she likes that. On the other hand, it was my second time taking this gun out, and was very impressed with how well I did. All my groupings were nice and tight at 15-20 yards and had quite a few center bullseyes. Can't wait till Monday to take it out again

She grew up with guns in the house with her father being a hunter, so she's always been comfortable with the idea of guns. I just think I need to start her out on a smaller gun and let her work her way up at her own pace

Way to go. I think my wife might be tagging along for the first time with me this weekend. Looking forward to it for sure.

Sent from my wagon on the Oregon Trail

I'm 6 months into it with my wife. She grew up in a hunter house too, but handguns were "Killy" looking to her for a long time. She shot my MarkIII a few weeks back and was like, eh. She called me at work today about taking the LTC class. So yes slow and steady, don't do anything for her. Just be your gun loving self and it will spread (I assume sexually) to her. She said tonight, "I don't like the ruger lcp, it's to small. I think the lc9 is better, or maybe the kahr cm9". I immediately creamed my pants.

I'm 6 months into it with my wife. She grew up in a hunter house too, but handguns were "Killy" looking to her for a long time. She shot my MarkIII a few weeks back and was like, eh. She called me at work today about taking the LTC class. So yes slow and steady, don't do anything for her. Just be your gun loving self and it will spread (I assume sexually) to her. She said tonight, "I don't like the ruger lcp, it's to small. I think the lc9 is better, or maybe the kahr cm9". I immediately creamed my pants.

My wife has shot them all. Try the PM9, that was the first gun she picked up. (LC9 has had some issues) Now she's in love with full sized M+P's. Baby steps :)

Although interested at first, once at the range she seemed a little intimidated by my SR9. I asked her a few times if she wanted to give it a try but once she looked uncomfortable I didn't want to force the issue. Next time we're going to bring her father's .22 rifle to see if she likes that. On the other hand, it was my second time taking this gun out, and was very impressed with how well I did. All my groupings were nice and tight at 15-20 yards and had quite a few center bullseyes. Can't wait till Monday to take it out again

Yep, the .22 is a great idea. I've taught about a hundred new shooters in the past year and a half, and even the most intimidated newbie was asking for a larger caliber after 10 minutes of blasting away with a .22

Good for all you hubbys getting your wives involved. Have them check out my blog (linked in signature). So happy to hear about potential future lady shooters (women who shoot, not people who shoot women, lol).

Don't be afraid to push just a wee bit. Yes, slow and steady but show confidence in there performance and ability.

Took my wife last week. Grew up in a typical anti family from Jamaica Plain. Never shot a gun, but went through the safety course last year. She shot 10 rds. through my Sig P250 in .40 Turned out to be too much for her, but she was able to hit center of mass without flinching too much. By the time we left she was a little high on adrenaline. She's looking at an SR9c when her license comes in.

I am hopeing to talk the wife into doing some trap shooting with me next week. She has shot my.40 sigma and didnt really like it, though not many do:) and she likes my savage .22 rifle. I am not going to even suggest she trys the Nagant though... I dont want to turn her off of shooting

A little rep love for those getting the ladies out to the range. Good on you.
I will only date woman that are willing to accept my passion for shooting and guns. That's why I am still single lol. No but really I have brought 1/2 dozen woman to the range and when they left they actually enjoyed themselves and would consider shooting again or even getting their own.

Very cool. Be careful though. The addiction can set in quickly, and your favorite gun may soon become her favorite and you won't get to shoot it as much. My wife has decided that my XD9 is hers now, and any time we're shooting together that's what is in her hand. She put at least 600 rounds through it in the last week alone. Time to reload some more for her [smile]

I'm bringing my wife to the range next week. She's a veteran and grew up in a Montana hunting family, but like many people in her situation, she is super uncomfortable around handguns. She just went back into the National Guard as an officer, so she'll have to shoot the 9mm now and I finally have a perfect excuse to get her to the range to shoot my Beretta. Hopefully this will lead to more and more time at the range.

Just got my wife to shoot last weekend too. She wanted nothing to do with the scary looking rifles or pistols.

I got my 10/22 scoped in, then showed her safe handling and basic operation. She was a little nervous but after her 3rd shot she hit the 6" shoot'n'see target and started screaming "I HIT IT! I HIT IT!" then proceeded to dump the rest of the 25 round mag on target. I was very pround of her!

I had her shoot my CZ82, just to get a feel for it since it's availble to her. Just loaded 2 rounds in the mag. That was enough for her. She hates loud noises and startles very easily.

Guess now I'll have to get her a .22 pistol. For her of course!

My wife recently got her LTC-A, and we have been going to the range quite often. She shoots all my guns no problem but really enjoys her new P938. She is from MI, so basically grew up with a shotgun in her hand. In fact, she recently joined NES, but I don't think she posted yet.

The only problem with my wife if she has a lust for large calibers like I do. She wants a Barrett M107 so bad, and I have to be the one to tell her no.

The only problem with my wife if she has a lust for large calibers like I do. She wants a Barrett M107 so bad, and I have to be the one to tell her no.

Haha if that is the case your doing it wrong with that answer, let the lady have what the lady wants.

Back
Top Bottom