• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took the wife to the range for the first time.

My wife has been very hesitant to go to the range with me and was nervous to say the least. I warmed he up to the idea by handing her one of my unloaded hand guns and said what would you do if someone just broke in and wanted to harm you? She was obviously clueless. So I showed her how to operate it and asked her to practice unloading and loading the gun after I gave a thorough lesson on gun safety. After she started to feel comfortable I brought up the range. She finally agreed so í called up a friend and asked him to meet us so he can help show her and bring his daughter to help set an example for my wife. Long story short she is a natural and I think I I have a new range companion. :). Next step is to ease her out of 22 calibers to larger calibers. Drinking a beer in celebration.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

awesome! congrats. once i showed mrs. mursenary how to break the gun down and how it operated internally she was much more comfortable. she is still nervous at the range but she rocks her savage bolt 22lr rifle [cheers]

Nice. My wife started out with a POS P22 yrs ago, then and now she has a SR22 and has been flawless, last month we went to Manchester and I said do you want to try the shield and she did, and shot better with it then the 22, now she only wants to shoot the 9

Congrats! Just be ready for when she outshoots you.........and has "her" fire arms that you need to ask permission to bring to the range! Ask me how I know.

Nice work.
Try some reactive targets .
Even a few tin cans makes it fun when she see's them fly.
The biggest problem with my wife is getting her enough ammo [wink]

Back
Top Bottom