• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took the girlfriend to the range today

So I applied for my LTC-A about a month ago and right off the bat my girlfriend was completely against it.

I finally talked her into going with me to the range to check it out. We got there and since I cannot shoot by myself I went with a friend. She watched as I put a full magazine [wink] into a target and then asked, "Well, what's the big deal?". We (friend and I) then decided to show her the mechanics of the pistol and gave her the basic safety and rage guidelines to follow. Then we put a Kahr K9 in her hands and brought her in front of a target. Again went over the rules and such and finally told her to rack the slide and take a shot.

Long story short she chewed up all the 9mm ammo we bought (I switched to a Sig 229 for the rest of the session) and now has decided she wants one of her own. I believe she has chosen anything that is pink haha.

Thought I'd share with everyone. It took me 1 shot, seems like it will do the same to anyone else.

I'd like to mention that my mother has now decided that she'd like to go when I get a permit and that she was completely against me having a gun of my own as well.

-Joe

P.S. I got a chance to hold and fire a Walther PPS .40 cal today. I found my first purchase [smile] First shot I fired went straight through the center of the target that's got to be a good sign right? [laugh]

Last edited:
I took a friend today that had never shot an AR. He fired one round and had a big smile. After one magazine he was asking what type of AR he should buy. :)

I am new haha. I started shooting within the last 6 months or so so I'm still learning thanks for the correction. (I live near an AFB so I picked up some of the lingo, my apologies)

I got the chance to shoot an AR a week ago... I want one too! lol

As for the girlfriend, she's opposed to hunting but enjoys target shooting and wants her own pistol now. She didn't mind the 9mm but I think she'd like something smaller (and pink [rolleyes])

I had a girlfriend like that in high school, very opposed to hunting, she loved the venison stew we had though. Must be if she didnt know where it came from then it was fine to eat [rolleyes]

Nice job on making a convert though, help her get her license now

Nice job on making a convert though, help her get her license now

Not quite old enough to get a license, but I can push for an FID card for the time being. Couple more years and she'd be able to do it.

I got the OK to hunt quail or pheasant... hmm guess I wont be able to use the rifle I want to buy to hunt [unamused] <- Oh yeah forgot this forum doesn't have this awesome emoticon. [laugh]

i took a friend to original bob's this afternoon. first time shooting. doing my part.

You know, until I started shooting I never really knew much about guns or how they worked or anything about the laws that surround them. Now that I've spent my time doing research and reading up on a lot of different things and to be honest, I've noticed the more people you get to shoot, the more people become aware and adapt to it quickly.

I'm all for having a day or weekend devoted to the people who have never shot a gun. Have them pony up like $5-10 to shoot a gun at their local range. Give them a .22 and a target and let them shoot a magazine or three. Explain how things work, give people information and give them applications to GOAL and the NRA [smile] and some information on critical laws and bills that surround guns and then send them on their merry way.

Yes this will most likely start a flame war over who should and should not be able to shoot but let it be one at a time or separate everyone so that there aren't any distractions or anything. Make everyone show ID, sign waivers etc. etc. Just take steps to prevent anything like the incident in Westfield a few years back or anything else that could turn it into a disaster and paint an even worse picture for the gun community.

Just my $0.02

-Joe

Last edited:
Something like this?

http://www.waltherpistols.com/item/84004_Walther_Hand_Guns_Pistols_P-22_22LR_PINK_CARBON_FIB.aspx

I picked up a black one for my wife last week. She is excited to try it.

Exactly! [laugh] She got home, stole my laptop away from me and began searching "pink pistol" in Google. She game across a Hello Kitty AR15 and fell in love. Hasn't shot the AR yet but loves it, aside from the fact that it's Hello Kitty.

She likes the Walther but she liked the hot pink Sig Mosquito as well. Something full frame but small enough for her small hands to go nuts with.

I have a video of her shooting and at one point she stops and goes "I HIT THE X!!". It was pretty amusing but I'm glad she doesn't hate me for wanting to buy guns now. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom