• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took My Wife To The Range!

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
After a year of polite badgering, I finally got my wife (jle323) to take Basic Pistol and apply for her LTC. Yesterday my inlaws offered to watch the kids so we could go out for a nice meal for our anniversary.

Instead, my wife opted for a no-frills meal and a trip to Bass Pro Shop and the range. [smile]

She shot the P22 and my M&P 15-22 like a champ. She even braved shooting a round out of the 1911. This morning she told me she dreamed about guns. She's hooked!

Here's the pics to prove it happened and, yes, I married up.

pistol.png
rifle.png

Thanks, guys. She's definitely into it now. This wasn't one of those "I'll go to the range if you'll stop bothering me" trips.

She took to the rifle a lot more than the pistol and now wants a 10/22. She put up a pretty impressive target with the 15-22 even though it was only 50'

rifletarget.png

That's awesome !!
Now, all I need is the ladies here on NES to get my wife to apply for her LTC she took the course with me almost two years ago when she seemed gung ho, and she hasn't applied. She says she's not that into it . I think if she sees the cool ladies here on NES shooting she'd change her tune.

I took my wife for the first time this Sunday too. She liked the Marlin 22 lever action with peep sights - drilled cans on the plinking range. I even got her to run a mag out of the SKS, she liked it. THe SVT40 was a little intimidating for her, but I do love that rifle.

Took my wife to the range. S&W .40 She wasn't taking a shine to the recoil, but was consistently on the paper at 25 feet. Better than the previous two guy friends I'd taken who both used to own hand guns.

I figure, the wife is on to something here, lets see if we can improve on it. I said "Baby, that's really good shootin! Which eye are you closing?" She said "Both of them."

The first time I brought my girl to the range she was a little nervous now she doesn't stop begging me to bring her and does pretty good but she now stays away from revolvers lol she says it hurts her hand

congrats.

but i warn you. it will get expensive.

i bought my girl a 10/22 for her birthday. soon after she wanted a PM9.

after she warmed up to my G27 (40S&W) i bought her the Kahr PM40.

now she is getting tired of the 10/22

so i don't know what will be next. ill have to get a new job.

she loves my AR, maybe ill get her an AK

Does your girlfriend know?

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Does your girlfriend know?

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

I can barely cope with one wife. I don't need the complication of a girlfriend! [rofl]

It might get expensive but at least in a way I can benefit from! I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom