Took my wife to American Firearms School on Saturday

Ipe

Now that I've finally got my LTC my wife has started showing some interest in shooting. Knowing that I wasn't experienced enough to teach anything properly
I bought her their Learn to Shoot package. [grin]

Jeff was her instructor and he did an awesome job. He helped her be comfortable and gave her a foundation I know I would have screwed up. I would recommend Jeff as an instructor to anyone. She had a lot of fun and I thought she did pretty well for her first time shooting. When we were done for the day she insisted that we bring her targets home. She proudly showed them off to her dad afterward. OBTW, my wife and I are are no longer "kids" by any stretch of the imagination, so that she was so excited was pretty cool. [smile]

Thanks again and hats off to Jeff and AFS.

I took my LTC course there. The instructor was Henry and he was great.

Is Jeff the guy that is also a school teacher? If so I spent some time talking with him and he was very skilled in the art of teaching. He had great ways of describing things and showing what worked well and why.

Yeah, Jeff is the school teacher.

My wife was complaining that her groups weren't tight enough... you know, even though its her first time shooting. Jeff took her .22 to verify that there was nothing wrong with the sights and proceeded to put three shots in a perfect horizontal line, one hole just touching the next in perfect symmetry. He hands the gun back to her and says that nothing was wrong with the sights, all she needs is practice.

Wife turns to me and says....

Show Off... I want to do that! [laugh]

What about Henry, he's a great guy as well and he sure does know a thing or 2.

Yup... as I said before:

I took my LTC course there. The instructor was Henry and he was great.

Henry was very informative. He emphasized safety above all else. He told some great stories. And he was a very good presenter.

I had a very good experience there.

Rich

Henry was the instructor for my LTC class and he is great. I'd recommend his class to anyone as well.

However Jeff was the instructor this Saturday for our private, Learn to Shoot class. The two classes have totally, totally, totally different feels to them and really can't be compared as they serve different purposes. One teaches the "law" and what you need to get your LTC, the other is far more focused on you and the firearm, and is taught basically one on one.

Back
Top Bottom