Took my kids to the range for the first time today.

My youngest has been asking me for months to take her shooting. So today, we stopped by Dicks in Dartmouth and picked up a Cricket youth rifle. We then proceeded to go to the outdoor range at the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club with some clay pigeons, reactive targets and soda bottles filled with water.

We had a blast. The girls loved it even though they had a hard time lining up the iron sights to their target. I'll work on that. The best part of the whole day was the ride back. My oldest, she is 7 says to me: "Dad, this was the best day ever."

Pass me the tissues.

931301196_bCoER-L.jpg

Thats the first rep points I have given on here, thats how important I think what you did is, especially with girls.

It almost brought a tear to my eyes too!

I've got a couple of grandkids that I'm champing at the bit to expose. I'm working with my grand daughter on issues of safety, sighting, etc. with airguns in the yard, but hope to be at the range within a month.

GOOD for you! Be proud!

It' nice to see your daughter wore an outfit to go with the color of the stock, nice rifle. a few years back I got my son a Henry single shot with fiber optics, both guns are great starters, for kids.

Awesome.

I still have a few more years before my little one is ready for the range, but I am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom