Took an anti-gun liberal to the range last night

That's $300 worth of ammo on GB! Get him to try the real deal next time. Bet he'll have a blast if he's balls.
And yeah lay out the whole ltc process for him as well.

No sheet! Last time I bought a 525 box of blazzer two weeks ago it was $20. Today I went to the store and no more bulk blazzer and I had to pay $37 for 500rds of remmington hi velocity. I wouldn't have bought it but I want to keep my stocks up.

I'm shooting at MFS in Hopkinton so I can't shoot my AR there, but they do have an AR chambered in 9mm that I'm going to have him shoot next time. That should be fun [wink]

Armed with knowledge...

Some actually start to question "LAW&ORDER" then they have really turned the corner..

It is a very happy day..

Once in a while, they don't convert properly but enter some kind of weird logical singularity state where they like guns but stay retarded. There was a guy on here for a while that was stuck in that state. He must have collapsed in on himself by now, I assume.

This is my aunt. When she told me she had obtained her LTC, I was startled, because she'd never mentioned firearms before. So I started rambling about all the BS floating around and she came back with "I support clip limits and universal background checks. No one needs an assault weapon" She also doesn't plan on buying anything... what good is an LTC then? She almost had a stroke when I said I was applying for my machine gun license :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Good job calling him out. Most anti-gun liberals have never even handled a firearm, never mind shooting them. Kinda like the liberal pols who draft our gun laws.

Nice job, Ipe! It's funny - we get so wrapped up in defending gun ownership to the anti's (constitutional right, hunting, collecting, self-protection, competition, etc) that sometimes we forget we really like guns because they're so damn fun to shoot!

Nice job, Ipe! It's funny - we get so wrapped up in defending gun ownership to the anti's (constitutional right, hunting, collecting, self-protection, competition, etc) that sometimes we forget we really like guns because they're so damn fun to shoot!

True dat!

Good job OP. I recently converted a gun neutral lib, simply told her to look up Warren v. DC
Then she actually did all kinds of research into the subject. It was kinda hard watching the transition from tears of disappointment to raw outrage at the system she had so much faith in. Almost like watching a junkie in wit
She's now talking to some of her friends about " her rights".

- - - Updated - - -

Good job OP. I recently converted a gun neutral lib, simply told her to look up Warren v. DC
Then she actually did all kinds of research into the subject. It was kinda hard watching the transition from tears of disappointment to raw outrage at the system she had so much faith in. Almost like watching a junkie in wit
She's now talking to some of her friends about " her rights".

Just get them to try and apply for their LTC. I think most people turn around once they realize they're being treated like a criminal throughout the process.

Yep. It's funny how people who think that a nanny government is wonderful start to change their tune when that same government treats them like children when they want to do something.

I took a neighbor/friend of mine to the range last night. He and his wife are hard core liberals - the state will take care of us, etc., and has always stated that he has an extreme dislike of guns and cannot see a reason for them at all.

Last Friday night we had him and his wife over for dinner and and throughout the evening they gave us a somewhat sarcastic time about being gun owners. During dinner his son states that he doesn't want to try this vegetable and his response is that "how do you know if you don't like it if you've never tried it".

Knowing that I had the perfect opportunity I waited until after dinner and the kids were playing and asked him if he'd like to come to the range with me. He said no, he didn't like guns and didn't want to. I asked if he had ever handled guns or shot them. His answer: no. I hit him with "how do you know if you don't like it if you've never tried it, after all, that's the logic you just used on your son?"

Anyway, the long and the short of it is he came to the range with me last night. I had him shoot a Ruger SR22 and a S&W M&P15-22. We started with the SR22 and he had good time shooting that. After a while we stopped and I got out the M&P. He looked like he was going to wet himself.

That, that, thats an ASSAULT WEAPON! [shocked]

With some coaxing I got him to fire it down range...

Fast forward about 300 rounds later and he's asking me when we can go again. [smile] On the way home he even suggested that we should bring his wife next time too. Hopefully a pair of moonbats will be converted. At least he seems well on his way.

This has been my experience with every newbie I've taken to the reange. Not one has maintained any anti-gun sentiment after just one single range trip.

I wasn't sure why you brought him to the range, I thought that you needed targets.

Best of luck, try converting gay people straight first, I think that it may be easier than getting their moonbat out [laugh]

You did remind them that they couldn't keep any of the shell casings because that would make them criminals right?

I had one of my guests want to take casings home. I stopped him as he was picking a few up:
Me: You can't take those home with you.
Him: Why not?
Me: You don't have a license
Him: It's not a gun. It's really not even anything dangerous.
Me: It's still up to a year in jail for possession of that without a license.
Him: That's ****ing stupid!! How am I going to kill someone with an empty brass case?

I think the lightbulb turned on at that point.

Don't listen to Boris. He probably starts off trying to convert people by torching their car apart and crafting into a Berezin UB or SG-43 Goryunov over a case of vodka and wants them to be excited. [laugh]

I wasn't sure why you brought him to the range, I thought that you needed targets.

Best of luck, try converting gay people straight first, I think that it may be easier than getting their moonbat out [laugh]

Well he lost his virginity with a free session at the range, everything included, love and tender too. The guy is not a total idiot after all.

I had one of my guests want to take casings home. I stopped him as he was picking a few up:
Him: That's ****ing stupid!! How am I going to kill someone with an empty brass case?

You guys can't be serious right? That's legal even in north Korea.

Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

There was a liberal anti invited to my bachelor party. 1st stop was MFL in NH. Full auto 9mm uzi? Full auto AR? Couldn't get him to shut the **** up the rest of the weekend.

Got his LTC last year.

Had this exact exchange with one of my wife's friends from Cambridge.

Under MA Law, components of ammunition (primers, casings, bullets, powder) are considered ammunition, as is pepper spray. Under MA Law, you need a FID/LTC to possess ammunition. You can spend up to a year in jail for possessing ammunition without a license.

You did remind them that they couldn't keep any of the shell casings because that would make them criminals right?

Believe it or not, I did.

Me: when we leave here you need to check all your clothing for stray brass. It'll be bouncing off the partitions and going everywhere, and if I bring one home its no big deal, if you bring one home its a 'go to jail' offense.

His reply: an truly incredulous look on his face and "really? That doesn't make any sense, its just a piece of brass..."

Me: Don't you just love a nanny state?

Under MA Law, components of ammunition (primers, casings, bullets, powder) are considered ammunition, as is pepper spray. Under MA Law, you need a FID/LTC to possess ammunition. You can spend up to a year in jail for possessing ammunition without a license.

Good to know. Should have read it somewhere but I swear I totally missed the law on casings. Was going to make a few key chains out of those and hand them out to my nephews. -- kidding.
Wait, once they are altered, they cease to be illegal right?

Good to know. Should have read it somewhere but I swear I totally missed the law on casings. Was going to make a few key chains out of those and hand them out to my nephews. -- kidding.
Wait, once they are altered, they cease to be illegal right?

not in mAss, you may still have shot fragments after being shot by Dick Chaney and you will need a license if you want to visit mAss. We should organize 'make everyone a felon day" by spreading projectile fragments to everyone.

When I was a kid in Maine I remember the memorial day parade and the veteran soldiers firing off the 21 gun salute. My friends and I would dart out into the parade before they started marching again to collect the brass as souvenirs. Do that here in Suckachusetts and the kids go to jail.... oh wait, thats impossible. They don't fire a 21 gun salute here. It might scare the libs.... [sad] [sad2]

I used to do this years ago but haven't recently. When I had any anti gun friends I would like the OP ask them to come shoot with me. Usually most of them would agree to at least try. More often than not it was women but that was years ago, now there's more men. Once at the range I would take out an old SA .22 revolver I had and give them the basic. Almost everyone could relate somewhat to the "cowboy" gun. At 12yds, I would put out a few cans on the sand (used to shoot at a pit, my range won't allow it), load the gun and after instruction let try to hit the can. Most would hit it at least once after a cylinder or two. Once they got their first hit and the gun was empty I would take it back from them. I would then say "OK, lets go" and you should have seen their faces. Right away they would be saying things like "what do you mean, we just got here", "why do we have to go", etc. I would tell them that I thought they just wanted to see what shooting a gun was like and that they had done that. Of course, I would reload the gun for them and we would end up shooting a lot more and I would usually take out one of my .22 rifles for some fun with that. Most of them changed their minds pretty quickly. If you can believe one time I had a woman with me who had never shot before. After shooting the .22 I took out a SSA nickel colt I had with pearl grips. She actually begged me to hold it and shoot it. I explained that the .45LC was a lot more powerful than the .22 but she still insisted. I gave the gun to her, reached around her from behind to help her control it and she shot it. She shot it many times. After we were done she looked at me and said holding that gun was "sexy" to her and she had gotten turned on. We left the range and got better acquainted at my place. This is a true story. I guess this anti gunner was worth converting![wink]

Back
Top Bottom