• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Took a first-timer out today

So, I took a rookie out today; it was great!

Short story: His Dad passed way to early, Mom was cleaning the house, came across this Winchester 190, and I offered to store it...he expressed interest in learning to shoot / shoot his Dad’s rifle, so we finally hooked it up today...

It was awesome; the look on a new shooter’s face when they make a coffee can dance is beyond PRICELESS!

Attachments

• 26FD1C57-3C09-4CD9-97F9-DDFF944E674F.jpeg
    26FD1C57-3C09-4CD9-97F9-DDFF944E674F.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 153
I love taking people to the range for the first time. I still remember shooting soda cans with 22 shorts for the first time when I was 10-ish. Having the opportunity to give somebody their first experience shooting a gun is awesome:)

Good on you that you kept it from a buyback/turn-in. Kid looks old enough for a Jr. FID. Get him into a class!
What's a junior fid?

My son got his fid at 15.....it's an fid....he can't purchase until he's 18 but it's still an fid.

So, I took a rookie out today; it was great!

Short story: His Dad passed way to early, Mom was cleaning the house, came across this Winchester 190, and I offered to store it...he expressed interest in learning to shoot / shoot his Dad’s rifle, so we finally hooked it up today...

It was awesome; the look on a new shooter’s face when they make a coffee can dance is beyond PRICELESS!
Nice work.

Get him signed up here at NES. He can go green later.

Great work!

The under 18 FID costs less to ma.gov, and has fewer rights (like purchase), thus the term 'Jr. FID'. Thanks for splitting hairs
Your welcome.

my point in bringing this up......a 15 year old that is issued an fid does not have to get a new fid when they turn 18......its the same fid.

Last edited:
The under 18 FID costs less to ma.gov, and has fewer rights (like purchase), thus the term 'Jr. FID'. Thanks for splitting hairs

Yet the PDs still wanna try to charge you $100 for it... Everyone should know about this just in case, so thanks for mentioning it.

Back
Top Bottom