Too much boat? Not enough truck?

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’ll have to look up the size to reconfirm but Moosehead is 74k acres and I always Ass U Me that LOTO was much larger. There is only The Kate that’s 50 ish feet. Nothing else much over 35 feet that I’m aware of.
To be fair, though.... Ozarks’ watershed is ~12 times larger than Moosehead’s, again because of the shape.

Sounds it. Moosehead can change its water in minutes. Gone from FAC to 3-4 footers in a few miles more than once.
With 40 miles in one direction, and 10 in the other, that’s plenty of space to build waves.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
To be fair, though.... Ozarks’ watershed is ~12 times larger than Moosehead’s, again because of the shape.

With 40 miles in one direction, and 10 in the other, that’s plenty of space to build waves.
I’m well aware. In 23 years I’ve seen some nasty stuff OTW. When the NW winds pick up you better be paying attention. I never realized LOTO was horseshoe shaped till I looked it up.
I hope MH remains as it is. We don’t get many AH’s up there and the season is very short. It was in the high 60’s today last I looked. Oh. And the bugs will carry you away.

Top Bottom