Too much boat? Not enough truck?

daveyburt

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Plenty of truck, plenty of trailer. ...<snip>
Yep boat was not far enough up - obvious from the get go. Wonder if it had a ton of water in it to start the right side lean....then, I bet that road was low on the inside after the corner - done.

Wrong from the moment they pulled it out.

woops! - if the owner wasn't there, not a good phone call to make.
lol

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Odd to skinflint it, the boat must be several hundred thou assuming it doesn't have large holes where we can't see

$3M being put in new last year.

The New Shootout Start Boat Has Arrived At Lake Of The Ozarks

"This one's the flagship" for Cruisers, says Austin French, who sells boats for Iguana, and handled the sale for the new Fass Diesel Fuel Systems boat. French has been working for Iguana since 2011: he took a summer job there and liked it so much, he stuck around and made it into a career. Cruisers Yachts are his best-selling boat. "We've got [at least] one of every model on the Lake," he said. The new Shootout start boat is not even the first 60-foot Cruisers on the Lake, French said. (It's the second.) And as companies like Sea Ray move away from manufacturing boats over 40 feet, Cruisers is leaning harder into the 30–50-footers.

The owners of the Fass boat—who French pointed out are self-made business success story—are eager to enjoy their boat on the Lake. "This is their dream boat," he said, adding, "They're really great people. Really humble... they're pretty excited."

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That first line is comical? So if I have an 8 wheel low bed, which that trailer is not a standard equipment hauling low-bed it’s a specialized boat trailer, I need a 12 wheel tractor? Explain?

Second line just as funny. Yes the tractor is well within design limits but it’s a bad design because I said so? WTF? Explain?
It just shows they're not really serious about moving big shit, that's the point I'm trying to make. That setup is probably normally
used on stuff thats like 3/4s the size of that thing. It's probably perfectly fine for most of the boats they move.

This is the type of thing you see more often in like foreign countries where skinflinting is basically the rule rather than the exception. Like those
videos of a russian guys putting a bulldozer on a trailer on a set of ramps because someone was too cheap to buy a detachable lowbed.

Third line— trailer is loaded improperly so that makes it a bad trailer for weight distribution? What? Please explain?
If the trailer is wrong and the boat doesn't fit properly, it might not be possible to load it properly, otherwise they would have
just done so. One hand washes the other. It looks like 100 pounds of shit on a 50 pound bag. [laugh] If you look close you can
even see the thing sort of sagging under the load. The video quality isn't good but the lady says the tires are flat on one side,
probably because there's too much weight on the axle or something. The guy starts laughing well before they drove it into
the ditch. HE KNOWS the situation is f***ed. [rofl]

10 wheel tractor bad design? Only 90% of what’s on the road is the same.
Yes, but most of them aren't hauling giant f***ing boats on them. [laugh] That's the type of deal you see sunbelt or some utility
company running to move what I would call small to medium sized shit.

With a correct trailer at least they probably wouldn't have needed to be pulled up the hill, either.

You’d better contact the DOT quick! Perfectly capable of pulling a low bed. I drove a 10 wheel tractor pulling every kind of trailer from flats to bottles for 25yrs. Never a problem. Why would you think a tag or pusher is necessary?
Because in this case, it's the right way to do things. If you hired heavy lift guys to move that boat most of them aren't going to show up with that shit, I'll just leave it at that.

The problem here is the people not the equipment.
IMHO it's both. Although moreso that trailer WRT equipment than anything else.

What’s wrong with Penske? They supply 30% of the companies out there. I’ve driven their equipment, no different than any other leasing Co.
I'm mostly being facetious, it's not so much shitting on penske as the idea of these nippleheads obviously predicated their equipment choices on retard logic
like "oh, but we'll never need to move anything that big, just get the cheapest thing that will do the job".

PS—-That load is way to big to be towed over the road. To high to wide. So where are they going? They’d never make it under the first bridge if they were to go off site. If I were to guess they’re moving the boat to some type of onsite storage or doing a portage. Definitely not hitting the road.

They're probably not moving it far which is why they thought they could skinflint and get away with it. And possibly they've done it before (maybe even several times) and gotten away with it. [rofl]

It does make one wonder how it got into the lake to begin with. I would wager that the company that made the boat didn't use something that shitty to get
it there, unless they built it onsite or something.

-Mike

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks... As I suspected, for anyone who thinks they used a suitable trailer.. look at what the company who BUILT the thing used, and it wasn't even
finished yet, the trailer in play in that picture is much better than the piece of dog shit they tried to use in this video. I rest my case. [laugh]

ETA: That (correct) trailer has FOUR AXLES on it. FOUR. [rofl]

-Mike

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had a 28 ft I/O pontoon boat at the lake house in NH for ten years. Had my own ramp so I only had to launch it in the spring and pull it out in the fall. 150 ft round trip. I never would taken that rig on the road. When I sold it, the guy came with a small pickup, hooked it up and took off. Some folks are braver than others.

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why were there people riding in/on the boat during this move? If that thing tumbles "ass over teacups", which it did.....the only options for those on board would be to get hurt, killed, or at a minimum....to shit themselves. Why place themselves in that position?

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
They're probably not moving it far which is why they thought they could skinflint and get away with it. And possibly they've done it before (maybe even several times) and gotten away with it. [rofl]

It does make one wonder how it got into the lake to begin with. I would wager that the company that made the boat didn't use something that shitty to get
it there, unless they built it onsite or something.

-Mike
I agree. The company that built the boat I’m sure has very heavy equipment that’ll tow a boat like this with ease. I find most people to be skinflints. The more wealthy the cheaper they are. So I’m sure this guy wanted to get away with the five dollar special. You’re right I bet these people have moved boats this size maybe even larger tens or even hundreds of times without a problem. The person at fault here is the loader driver. The guy driving the tractor he was just along for the ride his steering wheel was only there for decoration. He wascould’ve spun it from lock to lock, wouldn’t have changed the course even a little bit. The loader driver was the guy running the show. He just didn’t negotiate that corner well enough. Once those rear left bogies hit the mud game over.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Did you all notice how the loader operator seemed to have dragged the front end of the truck around the corner?
To add insult to injury once the boat was on its side it looks like the loader kept pulling until the chain broke. I wonder if the flying chain went thru the glass of either end and knocked some sense into one of them.
The stupid displayed here unbelievable.

With such big boats being the norm there I wonder why a travel lift wasn’t being used. That trailer didn’t even look to be an adjustable boat trailer.

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely not the right tool for the job. Ozarks, so I'm thinking "Hold my beer and watch this."
As mentioned above ...
travel lift.jpg

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm not one to normally ask "why do you need a..." because people should do what they want, but I'll ask... if its going to be used on a lake, why is it so big? Ocean boats, I can understand... rich person might want to live on it for a while and travel around the world with everything he needs. But, it's a lake. An hour or so later, you're on the other side... then what? Go back and forth in your house-sized boat? I'd much rather have a small easy to manage boat for that, and have an expensive house on the edge of the lake. When done zipping around in my small boat, pull up to the dock in front of the mansion, then you're good to go. No need to bring the house with you onto the lake.

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm not one to normally ask "why do you need a..." because people should do what they want, but I'll ask... if its going to be used on a lake, why is it so big? Ocean boats, I can understand... rich person might want to live on it for a while and travel around the world with everything he needs. But, it's a lake. An hour or so later, you're on the other side... then what? Go back and forth in your house-sized boat? I'd much rather have a small easy to manage boat for that, and have an expensive house on the edge of the lake. When done zipping around in my small boat, pull up to the dock in front of the mansion, then you're good to go. No need to bring the house with you onto the lake.
Lake of the Ozarks is 93 miles long, and covers something like 54,000 acres. Plenty big for that size boat.

Shouldn't a trailer come with the boat?
Boat that big, nah. That’s a boat you hire professionals to move.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Lake of the Ozarks is 93 miles long, and covers something like 54,000 acres. Plenty big for that size boat.

Boat that big, nah. That’s a boat you hire professionals to move.
I’ll have to look up the size to reconfirm but Moosehead is 74k acres and I always Ass U Me that LOTO was much larger. There is only The Kate that’s 50 ish feet. Nothing else much over 35 feet that I’m aware of.

atmay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I’ll have to look up the size to reconfirm but Moosehead is 74k acres and I always Ass U Me that LOTO was much larger. There is only The Kate that’s 50 ish feet. Nothing else much over 35 feet that I’m aware of.
Ozarks is long and skinny, Moosehead isn’t.

Top Bottom