1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Too much boat? Not enough truck?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Radtekk, Jul 11, 2019.

1. daveyburt

daveyburt NES Member

Yep boat was not far enough up - obvious from the get go. Wonder if it had a ton of water in it to start the right side lean....then, I bet that road was low on the inside after the corner - done.

Wrong from the moment they pulled it out.

woops! - if the owner wasn't there, not a good phone call to make.
    lol

2. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

$3M being put in new last year.

The New Shootout Start Boat Has Arrived At Lake Of The Ozarks

"This one's the flagship" for Cruisers, says Austin French, who sells boats for Iguana, and handled the sale for the new Fass Diesel Fuel Systems boat. French has been working for Iguana since 2011: he took a summer job there and liked it so much, he stuck around and made it into a career. Cruisers Yachts are his best-selling boat. "We've got [at least] one of every model on the Lake," he said. The new Shootout start boat is not even the first 60-foot Cruisers on the Lake, French said. (It's the second.) And as companies like Sea Ray move away from manufacturing boats over 40 feet, Cruisers is leaning harder into the 30–50-footers.

The owners of the Fass boat—who French pointed out are self-made business success story—are eager to enjoy their boat on the Lake. "This is their dream boat," he said, adding, "They're really great people. Really humble... they're pretty excited."

3. PaulR

PaulR NES Member

sheesh. SOMEBODY needs some range time now don't they?

4. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Some crazy assed stuff goes on at the Lake Of The Ozarks.

Jason Flare likes this.
  5. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

It just shows they're not really serious about moving big shit, that's the point I'm trying to make. That setup is probably normally
    used on stuff thats like 3/4s the size of that thing. It's probably perfectly fine for most of the boats they move.

This is the type of thing you see more often in like foreign countries where skinflinting is basically the rule rather than the exception. Like those
    videos of a russian guys putting a bulldozer on a trailer on a set of ramps because someone was too cheap to buy a detachable lowbed.

If the trailer is wrong and the boat doesn't fit properly, it might not be possible to load it properly, otherwise they would have
    just done so. One hand washes the other. It looks like 100 pounds of shit on a 50 pound bag. [laugh] If you look close you can
    even see the thing sort of sagging under the load. The video quality isn't good but the lady says the tires are flat on one side,
    probably because there's too much weight on the axle or something. The guy starts laughing well before they drove it into
    the ditch. HE KNOWS the situation is f***ed. [rofl]

Yes, but most of them aren't hauling giant f***ing boats on them. [laugh] That's the type of deal you see sunbelt or some utility
    company running to move what I would call small to medium sized shit.

With a correct trailer at least they probably wouldn't have needed to be pulled up the hill, either.

Because in this case, it's the right way to do things. If you hired heavy lift guys to move that boat most of them aren't going to show up with that shit, I'll just leave it at that.

IMHO it's both. Although moreso that trailer WRT equipment than anything else.

I'm mostly being facetious, it's not so much shitting on penske as the idea of these nippleheads obviously predicated their equipment choices on retard logic
    like "oh, but we'll never need to move anything that big, just get the cheapest thing that will do the job".

They're probably not moving it far which is why they thought they could skinflint and get away with it. And possibly they've done it before (maybe even several times) and gotten away with it. [rofl]

It does make one wonder how it got into the lake to begin with. I would wager that the company that made the boat didn't use something that shitty to get
    it there, unless they built it onsite or something.

-Mike

mibro and SERE like this.
  6. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

The New Shootout Start Boat Has Arrived At Lake Of The Ozarks

In pieces. Lots of photos at the link.

drgrant likes this.
  7. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Thanks... As I suspected, for anyone who thinks they used a suitable trailer.. look at what the company who BUILT the thing used, and it wasn't even
    finished yet, the trailer in play in that picture is much better than the piece of dog shit they tried to use in this video. I rest my case. [laugh]

ETA: That (correct) trailer has FOUR AXLES on it. FOUR. [rofl]

-Mike

SERE likes this.
  8. boilermaker

boilermaker NES Member

9. boilermaker

boilermaker NES Member

Sere, I was just highlighting that your link shows the boats arrival and that the trailer setup was vastly different and looked more expensive than them moving it in the video.

10. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

I had a 28 ft I/O pontoon boat at the lake house in NH for ten years. Had my own ramp so I only had to launch it in the spring and pull it out in the fall. 150 ft round trip. I never would taken that rig on the road. When I sold it, the guy came with a small pickup, hooked it up and took off. Some folks are braver than others.

11. Gator9329

Gator9329 That Guy NES Member

Looks like Todd Hoffman took up boat hauling.
    Look for a new series on history

Dennis in MA likes this.
  12. FormerlyIndifferent

FormerlyIndifferent

Why were there people riding in/on the boat during this move? If that thing tumbles "ass over teacups", which it did.....the only options for those on board would be to get hurt, killed, or at a minimum....to shit themselves. Why place themselves in that position?

13. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

14. radioman

radioman NES Member

I agree. The company that built the boat I’m sure has very heavy equipment that’ll tow a boat like this with ease. I find most people to be skinflints. The more wealthy the cheaper they are. So I’m sure this guy wanted to get away with the five dollar special. You’re right I bet these people have moved boats this size maybe even larger tens or even hundreds of times without a problem. The person at fault here is the loader driver. The guy driving the tractor he was just along for the ride his steering wheel was only there for decoration. He wascould’ve spun it from lock to lock, wouldn’t have changed the course even a little bit. The loader driver was the guy running the show. He just didn’t negotiate that corner well enough. Once those rear left bogies hit the mud game over.

drgrant likes this.
  15. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Did you all notice how the loader operator seemed to have dragged the front end of the truck around the corner?
    To add insult to injury once the boat was on its side it looks like the loader kept pulling until the chain broke. I wonder if the flying chain went thru the glass of either end and knocked some sense into one of them.
    The stupid displayed here unbelievable.

With such big boats being the norm there I wonder why a travel lift wasn’t being used. That trailer didn’t even look to be an adjustable boat trailer.

16. bottle-cap

bottle-cap NES Member

A little Flex-Seal and it will be good to go.
    upload_2019-7-12_17-25-25.png

17. BrianWilson

BrianWilson NES Member

Definitely not the right tool for the job. Ozarks, so I'm thinking "Hold my beer and watch this."
    As mentioned above ...
    travel lift.jpg

18. DitchDigger

DitchDigger NES Member

I think they borrowed the trailer,,,,,,

19. boilermaker

boilermaker NES Member

Seems like an excellent candidate for a boat shoot

20. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I'm not one to normally ask "why do you need a..." because people should do what they want, but I'll ask... if its going to be used on a lake, why is it so big? Ocean boats, I can understand... rich person might want to live on it for a while and travel around the world with everything he needs. But, it's a lake. An hour or so later, you're on the other side... then what? Go back and forth in your house-sized boat? I'd much rather have a small easy to manage boat for that, and have an expensive house on the edge of the lake. When done zipping around in my small boat, pull up to the dock in front of the mansion, then you're good to go. No need to bring the house with you onto the lake.

21. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

Shouldn't a trailer come with the boat?

22. DitchDigger

DitchDigger NES Member

Not always,,,,
    Trailers get borrowed more than you know
    As long as you have boat stands when you get to the destination

Prepper likes this.
  23. 1776

1776 NES Member

Bubba said they can buff that out!

DitchDigger likes this.
  24. atmay

atmay NES Member

Lake of the Ozarks is 93 miles long, and covers something like 54,000 acres. Plenty big for that size boat.

Boat that big, nah. That’s a boat you hire professionals to move.

drgrant likes this.
  25. ToddDubya

ToddDubya NES Member

26. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

pirate rules apply.
    well, more like "guidelines" than actual rules

27. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

I’ll have to look up the size to reconfirm but Moosehead is 74k acres and I always Ass U Me that LOTO was much larger. There is only The Kate that’s 50 ish feet. Nothing else much over 35 feet that I’m aware of.

28. atmay

atmay NES Member

Ozarks is long and skinny, Moosehead isn’t.

29. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Sounds it. Moosehead can change its water in minutes. Gone from FAC to 3-4 footers in a few miles more than once.

30. BrianWilson

BrianWilson NES Member

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCTmwZX5fE

?????????????????????????