• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Too much ammo?

I was under the impression, from reading here and I THINK from EddieCoyles reloading class, the there was indeed an EO preventing ammo sales to civilians (Clinton Administration?)
This is why CMP surplus is from NATO allies, and not from the US.

I think.

Another reason I hate that grey-haired intern-banger

I believe that EO includes a lot more than just ammo.

One notable example was Clintons ordering thousands of surplus M14's to be destroyed.

Being capable of select fire, they couldn't be sold 'as is' to civilians, but... the receivers could have easily been torch cut

to ATF specs and resold as parts kits.

One other brain fart from that EO, was that during Desert Storm, some special operational units, and/or designated

marksmen requested M14's for operations, but there weren't enough in inventory to fill the need.

I had a LT get a pallet of MK19 training rounds for our platoon. She didn't believe me when I said its too much. I think 5 trucks spent a few hours doing 20 round bursts into the desert. Thus was after we all had plenty if time to practice and become proficient. But hey, seal was broken and we couldn't bring it back

Same thing here on a few occasions.

My favorite one was for M203 live fire training, and an order was placed for waaaay more 40mm rounds than was needed.

We were there at least an hour or more over the allocated/scheduled time just lopping grenades downrange... thunk... thunk...thunk...thunk.....

We weren't even aiming at anything, just throwing rounds down range to get rid of it.

With limited ammo, militias will fall easier when resupply time arrives. .gov approves.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

When a unit take an ammo delivery for training and if they don't keep track of which ammo came from which lot number, if there is any ammunition to be returned to the Ammo supply Point at the conclusion of training, the ammo techs will label it "Grade III" and set it aside for destruction.

If seen several occasions where the Range OIC broke the seal on every can of ammo, laid out all the ammo only to have the training exercise canceled for reasons beyond his control and all the ammo got labeled Grade III. since the ammo came of their unit's account, they had a lot of explaining to do to the Bn C.O.

Ammo needs to be tracked by lot number so that in case of a bad lot it can be identified and removed from service.

Ammo that maintains its lot number integrity can be returned, repackaged and then reissued.

Yeah, as a taxpayer I'd like to see govliq selling live ammo at whatever the market mandates... but .gov can't sell ANY ammo to Americans. (Afganistan, Iraq, and any other nominal "allies..." but not Americans.)

The CMP sells ammo all the time. Some of it's pretty decent too. New stuff too, not just old Greek HXP. They used to give it away to clubs and competitive shooters (way before my time unfortunately.)

Here you go, Federal Gold Medal Match for $200 a case: http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm#FederalGM223

Anyway, the point being that they ~could~ sell surplus ammo, mixed lots, etc if they wanted to.

Last edited:
I was 11 when 9/11 happened. I remember going through airport security, sticking my pocket knife in a basket, going through the metal detector, and getting my knife handed back to me by the (non TSA) security guard. It makes me sad that people younger than me will never experience such a hassle free experience. Heck, back then you could go to the gate to see people off or welcome people who were arriving. :(

I remember bringing back knives and fireworks as a kid in the 70's from out of the country.

You mean you can't go greet someone when they get off the plane any more? Huh? How does that work, then?

I remember bringing back knives and fireworks as a kid in the 70's from out of the country.

You mean you can't go greet someone when they get off the plane any more? Huh? How does that work, then?

You need to wait by the baggage in a non secured area. No one without a ticket goes through security other than little kids.

Fireworks on the plane. .. that must have been awesome. Did you just have them in your carry on?
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So one government agency is buying billions of rounds while another is destroying them.... WTF is wrong with our government?

Sell it to civilians and police forces at a discounted rate.

Somewhere buried in that decision is a politician that has money interest in a company that will be involved in this $B taxpayer screw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse the brevity and auto-corrected wrong words.

It used to be...Anyone who was active in shooting military calibers in the 1980's may remember being able to score anything from 20mm to 5.56 at bargain basement prices...I've really got to dig through some old pics. I have one of me in my 1967 Lincoln, surrounded by 20mm and 50BMG - the car would barely drive...I recall 20mm was about $2.00 a round and BMG was in the .75 per range...

What did you shoot the 20mm out of?

I believe that EO includes a lot more than just ammo.

One notable example was Clintons ordering thousands of surplus M14's to be destroyed.

Being capable of select fire, they couldn't be sold 'as is' to civilians, but... the receivers could have easily been torch cut

to ATF specs and resold as parts kits.

One other brain fart from that EO, was that during Desert Storm, some special operational units, and/or designated

marksmen requested M14's for operations, but there weren't enough in inventory to fill the need.

Same thing here on a few occasions.

My favorite one was for M203 live fire training, and an order was placed for waaaay more 40mm rounds than was needed.

We were there at least an hour or more over the allocated/scheduled time just lopping grenades downrange... thunk... thunk...thunk...thunk.....

We weren't even aiming at anything, just throwing rounds down range to get rid of it.

I didn't know about the Clinton admin destroying M14s [angry]. ****.

Back
Top Bottom